The Student Room Group

I'm the worst

I'm literally most trash teenager a parent could have, i flopped my exams despite working extremely hard for them and i still failed miserably , even though my friends can get away with doing better when they do little to no revision

i'm social anxious therefore i always run away from social groups and my friends, i've ruined my AS exams (biology,psychology and History) and now constantly depressed about them

i'm losing hope here , someone help me feel positive pls :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Don’t put yourself down. You only need to impress yourself. Rather than run away, face anxiety head on. You got this. Revise and work hard and you will succeed. Remember to keep calm and not let the stress get to you.
No you aren't, you aren't Hitler... Are you Hitler?

If your parents only see you for your exam results then THEY are the failures.
Reply 3
Original post by ProRoadman
Don’t put yourself down. You only need to impress yourself. Rather than run away, face anxiety head on. You got this. Revise and work hard and you will succeed. Remember to keep calm and not let the stress get to you.

despite me retaking biology and psychology exams i'm srsly doubting that i will be able to do well next year

especially when everyone says that you aren't likely to go higher than 1 grade in A2 , i'm so fuuuuuucked :frown:
Reply 4
Stop crying and whining and get work done. Hit the books, now move your ass.
Reply 5
Original post by Afforestation
No you aren't, you aren't Hitler... Are you Hitler?

If your parents only see you for your exam results then THEY are the failures.

it's not easy to display bad grades in a strict household :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
it's not easy to display bad grades in a strict household :frown:

Look at me. I flopped at GCSES and i thought my life was over. But I bucked up and did BTEC. Now I hold an offer to my dream uni. As long as you learn from your mistakes and avoid getting too stressed, you can still pass your A Levels.
Reply 7
Original post by Hidan
Stop crying and whining and get work done. Hit the books, now move your ass.

it's not as easy as you think pal

i can't just snap out of this depressive mood that i've been in , that's not how it works :frown:
Reply 8
Look at me. I flopped at GCSES and i thought my life was over. But I bucked up and did BTEC. Now I hold an offer to my dream uni. As long as you learn from your mistakes and avoid getting too stressed, you can still pass your A Levels.

congrats that's great , what course :smile:
lol
it took 200k years for us to get here

just
lol
congrats that's great , what course :smile:

Thanks. Biomedical Science. Actually was shocked when they gave the offer. Just goes to show perseverance and hard work pays off.
Original post by babushka23
lol
it took 200k years for us to get here

just
lol

????

Thanks. Biomedical Science. Actually was shocked when they gave the offer. Just goes to show perseverance and hard work pays off.

nice well gl with that
anyone else got any advice
anyone else got any advice

You said you were social anxious as well right? Your friends can help as well. Just be yourself around them and talk to them about any worries.
Reply 14
You’ve just said you’ve worked extremely hard, so how can you be a trash teenager? I’m assuming this mentality has got something to with your parents but then allow me to be the one to say that all you can do is try your best. How can we expect more of you if you’ve exceeded your limit? Take this opportunity to rethink your mindset. Try alternative ways of revising, experiment, anything that can improve your situation and better the way YOU feel. We’re lucky to have the world at our fingertips with the internet just a click away, you’re bound to find something. Good luck!
You said you were social anxious as well right? Your friends can help as well. Just be yourself around them and talk to them about any worries.

Original post by noorh
You’ve just said you’ve worked extremely hard, so how can you be a trash teenager? I’m assuming this mentality has got something to with your parents but then allow me to be the one to say that all you can do is try your best. How can we expect more of you if you’ve exceeded your limit? Take this opportunity to rethink your mindset. Try alternative ways of revising, experiment, anything that can improve your situation and better the way YOU feel. We’re lucky to have the world at our fingertips with the internet just a click away, you’re bound to find something. Good luck!

i will try to be more interactive with friends , i just feel so stupid about myself now when i talk with them

also i keep worrying about my future
I also flopped GCSE's, I passed one with a C.

I retook English last year (years later, as an adult), got an A*, and with a bit of luck I start Uni in September.

Work harder man, don't give up. Everyone goes through phases like this
i will try to be more interactive with friends , i just feel so stupid about myself now when i talk with them

also i keep worrying about my future

Forget about the future for now. Focus on the present. Think about what steps need to be taken to improve on your weaknesses. Only when you are confident aboutthe present then you can think about the future.
Original post by DarkSunGwyndolin
I also flopped GCSE's, I passed one with a C.

I retook English last year (years later, as an adult), got an A*, and with a bit of luck I start Uni in September.

Work harder man, don't give up. Everyone goes through phases like this

Forget about the future for now. Focus on the present. Think about what steps need to be taken to improve on your weaknesses. Only when you are confident aboutthe present then you can think about the future.

i will try guys , thank you
You’re not trash, you actually care and studied hard for your exams, which is way more than some people in college do tbh :rolleyes:

p.s. I also did my AS biology this year! And am also 100% sure I did worse than you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending