The Student Room Group

I fully hate myself for this

Right today was the last exam and last day at school. So I will set the scene:

The atmosphere was buzzing and then the girl I wanted to ask out for ages was near me. Just for convenience, I will call her z. And the corridor is packed with people racing out of school.

So everyone was outside the place where we sit our exams and pretty much I went over to z. This was my chance so I called z and had a conversation.

I was about to ask her then choked. (not literally)

I only went and asked how the exam was and not ask her out. It was weird just some weird flush of fear struck and then after that, we went our own ways.

I am sooooo fcking annoyed with myself. I just fell lonely as always and thought this was the perfect chance to feel good for once but I blew it.

Now I probably will not see z again unless she comes back to my school for 6th form.

How am I actually gonna get over this? any help will be appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JustSomeRandomer

The atmosphere was buzzing and then the girl I wanted to ask out for ages was near me. Just for convenience, I will call her z. And the corridor is packed with people racing out of school.

So everyone was outside the place where we sit our exams and pretty much I went over to z. This was my chance so I called z and had a conversation.

I only went and asked how the exam was and not ask her out. It was weird just some weird flush of fear struck and then after that, we went our own ways.

I am sooooo fcking annoyed with myself. I just fell lonely as always and thought this was the perfect chance to feel good for once but I blew it.

Now I probably will not see z again unless she comes back to my school for 6th form.

Get a grip find her social media and ask her..the worst that can happen is she can say no, nobody likes rejection but you move on from it.

Hating yourself is dull.
Original post by 999tigger
Get a grip find her social media and ask her..the worst that can happen is she can say no, nobody likes rejection but you move on from it.

Hating yourself is dull.

Fine but I absolutely hate using social media to ask someone.
Ull see her on results day so just camp outside the school for the whole day until she comes
Fine but I absolutely hate using social media to ask someone.

Then call her or write a letter or go round to her house and take her some flowers.
It happens every year.
A few years ago there was someone 1000 times deeper into a situation like this.
Beat yourself up or do something to make a difference that is slightly risky. If you try and she says no, then you know, you feel relieved because you asked and the answer is less important. Happened earlier this year and although he was turned down the person was glad they did it.
Original post by catfanny
Ull see her on results day so just camp outside the school for the whole day until she comes

But she will be with her parents and I probably will not be able to comprehend that.
Then call her or write a letter or go round to her house and take her some flowers.
It happens every year.
A few years ago there was someone 1000 times deeper into a situation like this.
Beat yourself up or do something to make a difference that is slightly risky. If you try and she says no, then you know, you feel relieved because you asked and the answer is less important. Happened earlier this year and although he was turned down the person was glad they did it.

Ok thanks
But she will be with her parents and I probably will not be able to comprehend that.

thats true ...why dont u start treating her as a good freind first then get close
cuz then u will know how she actually is
Ok thanks

You havent really said much about the situation. How well do you know each other? Do you speak to her often?
Just send her some flowers if you cant speak to her and you dont even have to ask her out.
Dont ask her out straight away, should get to know her first by doing stuff with her. You obviously don't spend time with her now if you think you wont see her all summer, so start by having banter with her and getting to know her, then one she might to start liking you and two it wont be awkward. Don't just randomly go up to her and ask her, you may find out you don't even really like her
You havent really said much about the situation. How well do you know each other? Do you speak to her often?
Just send her some flowers if you cant speak to her and you dont even have to ask her out.

yhh thats what i was saying earliar dont ask her out so soon first be close to her

We know each other quite well and we would speak pretty much every day. We didn't speak through social media since she knows that I have an awkward persona and dislike it and made a deal not to.
Original post by Anonymous
Dont ask her out straight away, should get to know her first by doing stuff with her. You obviously don't spend time with her now if you think you wont see her all summer, so start by having banter with her and getting to know her, then one she might to start liking you and two it wont be awkward. Don't just randomly go up to her and ask her, you may find out you don't even really like her

We do talk and know each other it's just her friends are clingy and I do not want to be with her when her mates are there. And also I will be spending quite a lot of time away and that is why I will not see her.
Original post by itzme_02
yhh thats what i was saying earliar dont ask her out so soon first be close to her

I didnt know what the relationship was. I was more concerned about this bizarre waste of energy spend on worrying and hating yourself

I didnt know what the relationship was. I was more concerned about this bizarre waste of energy spend on worrying and hating yourself

It is just the way I am. I overthink everything even the simple things.
We know each other quite well and we would speak pretty much every day. We didn't speak through social media since she knows that I have an awkward persona and dislike it and made a deal not to.

Well social media is a convenient way to speak or you can do it in person or traditional methods. Your choice.

You could just say hi and that you were sorry you didnt get her details or what she has planned for the holidays or you just realised you might not see her again as you didnt know if she was doing sixth form? Natural.
Well social media is a convenient way to speak or you can do it in person or traditional methods. Your choice.

You could just say hi and that you were sorry you didnt get her details or what she has planned for the holidays or you just realised you might not see her again as you didnt know if she was doing sixth form? Natural.

I asked her where she was going and she said she was unsure. I did get details and that I just made the conversation a bit vague in the post.
Reply 18

Slide into the dms
I asked her where she was going and she said she was unsure. I did get details and that I just made the conversation a bit vague in the post.

Either you are going to do something,or nothing and spend the rest of the summer/ life beating yourself up. Presumably, she is single.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending