The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan when retaking year / placement year household income

I applied for finance for 2018/19 when I was expecting to be taking a placement year but I'm now retaking my second year. I've changed the year of study in my application and it's being reassessed in order to pay the uni fees however I wasn't asked for any details for changing my maintenance loan. How do I go about getting the whole application reassessed?

Also, when I originally applied for the placement year finance, my parents weren't asked for their income details which meant I would be getting a hugely reduced amount. As I rely on my maintenance loan, how do I ensure next year that I get the maximum available to me?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Regarding repeating a year; when you update the year of your course on the system we will reassess your application fully. This includes your entitlement of Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loan as well. Once this assessment is completed you will receive a new Notification of Entitlement letter.

Regarding your second query. Unfortunately, maintenance loan rate for placement year is not based on household income and is a set amount every academic year. Therefore you cannot apply for a higher amount.

Kind regards,
Shahrzad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending