The Student Room Group

Repeating final year (for the first time) and received a lower maintenance loan?

I am repeating my final year of university this year.
I applied for student finance and last year my maintenance loan was £7,689 however I just opened my entitlement letter for this year and it says that my maintenance loan is £3,397 this year, why is this? I heard that if I have not previously used my gift year funding then my maintenance loan should be the same as last year? Have they made a mistake? I have not provided any evidence of my household income when applying because I thought they would assess me on last years income, could this be the issue?
You need to provide household income information for each year of funding you apply for if you want to get anything above the basic loan amount
Original post by amy51525
I am repeating my final year of university this year.
I applied for student finance and last year my maintenance loan was £7,689 however I just opened my entitlement letter for this year and it says that my maintenance loan is £3,397 this year, why is this? I heard that if I have not previously used my gift year funding then my maintenance loan should be the same as last year? Have they made a mistake? I have not provided any evidence of my household income when applying because I thought they would assess me on last years income, could this be the issue?

Hi Amy,

Like PQ said, if you're under 25 we still need your parents' income details to award you the higher Maintenance Loan.

Can you ask your parents to login and select the option to 'support a new application'? Let us know how they get on.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending