The Student Room Group

Girls with unrealistic expectations

So at Uni I overheard some girls describing what they want there guy to be like. Lots of them said 6ft min, Beard, Slim but muscular, Six pack, Drives a BMW or Mercedes. So without really bragging I check most of the boxes but come on driving a BMW or Mercedes while still in university. I know there are some guys who check all the boxes but they are generally 1 in 100 and the number of girls after a guy like this is a far higher number.

Maybe i’m looking into this too much because i’m inexperienced and am maybe trying to hard, but I have even seen girls on social media looking for the same requirements in a guy. Surely they have to be joking right or willing to compromise on some of the requirements?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Describing your perfect partner and what you actually go out with are two very different things.
Its like that for guys also. I want a model looking girlfriend with big boobs, nice ass, skinny, smart, etc. whilst all those things are ideal, I don't look for those traits exclusively. I understand this fantasy woman doesnt exist or is very rare and is probably looking for guys that are billionaires. Instead I am more than happy to go out with pretty much any girl as long as she isnt a ***** to me.
Reply 3
I want to some info for llb
They want a guy like me.
Reply 5
Original post by Mess.
Describing your perfect partner and what you actually go out with are two very different things.

They weren’t describing there ideal partner, they were describing what there partner has to be
Reply 6
Yes they were very attractive and I wasn’t sure if they would compromise, so I guess not
Original post by Anonymous
They weren’t describing there ideal partner, they were describing what there partner has to be

If they have such a strict tickbox list, theyll end up alone.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by snifsnif2
Its like that for guys also. I want a model looking girlfriend with big boobs, nice ass, skinny, smart, etc. whilst all those things are ideal, I don't look for those traits exclusively. I understand this fantasy woman doesnt exist or is very rare and is probably looking for guys that are billionaires. Instead I am more than happy to go out with pretty much any girl as long as she isnt a ***** to me.

Yeah but they are ideal, they were talking about expectations, so the guy has to be more or less like that
So at Uni I overheard some girls describing what they want there guy to be like. Lots of them said 6ft min, Beard, Slim but muscular, Six pack, Drives a BMW or Mercedes. So without really bragging I check most of the boxes but come on driving a BMW or Mercedes while still in university. I know there are some guys who check all the boxes but they are generally 1 in 100 and the number of girls after a guy like this is a far higher number.

Maybe i’m looking into this too much because i’m inexperienced and am maybe trying to hard, but I have even seen girls on social media looking for the same requirements in a guy. Surely they have to be joking right or willing to compromise on some of the requirements?

We all have ambition - you won't hear a girl saying they want an overweight flatulent slob who gets the number 6 bus.

It also gives men something to aim at.

I picked my husband on the basis that he drove a Golf GTI and was a professional who was going places. Shallow - perhaps but we are subconsciously looking for the future fathers of our children
Reply 10
There's often a gap between what you would like and what you can have in dating. Guys suffer from this too..
Original post by squeakysquirrel
We all have ambition - you won't hear a girl saying they want an overweight flatulent slob who gets the number 6 bus.

It also gives men something to aim at.

I picked my husband on the basis that he drove a Golf GTI and was a professional who was going places. Shallow - perhaps but we are subconsciously looking for the future fathers of our children

HUSBAND? What brings you here to a student forum?
Reply 12
i think boys have unrealistic expectations which is why they 'get bored' so easily.

If you tick all their boxes with the exception of the car, you should be up to your eyeballs in clunge. How the hell are you inexperienced?
Reply 14
Tell them you're expectations then bigman, don't back down
Them them:
1.Super slim girl
2.Big ass, Big boobies, good in bed
3.Drive a lambo
4.Cook like a michelin star chef
5.Have 800 UCAS points
6.Be a machine at fortnite

etc.

See what they think about that
Most girls have to adjust, and they don’t mind if the guy doesn’t tick all the boxes.
Reply 16
Gotta hold those expectations high g

Spoiler

women have way higher expectations of men then men of women. most blokes be like well as long as female. women be like he gotta be 6ft 5, rich, lambo, own 3 houses. dont lie to us girls we know ur all gold diggers
I remember hearing some girls (a couple of 4/10s) talking about what they wanted: 6ft, big biceps, handsome etc.

So then I said "yeah I'd prefer my girl to be at least a C cup" (i dont really) and I got called petty because I was JUDGING a girl based on her breast size loool
Original post by as125
Tell them you're expectations then bigman, don't back down
Them them:
1.Super slim girl
2.Big ass, Big boobies, good in bed
3.Drive a lambo
4.Cook like a michelin star chef
5.Have 800 UCAS points
6.Be a machine at fortnite

etc.

See what they think about that

What if they meet your criteria but you don’t meet theirs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending