Boyfriend didn’t wish me luck before my surgery?? Watch

itsyahg
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So i just had my first surgery today, i had 3 wisdom teeth removed. I’ve told my boyfriend many times yesterday and last week about the day and time of the surgery. He went to bed at 4 last night, he was just talking to his sister that’s it. because of this he didn’t wake up before my surgery to even say good luck??? he didn’t even ask me any questions about my surgery when i was telling about it to him yesterday. he didn’t even wish me luck yestserday. Then after my surgery he just said “good morning, let me know when you get back home”. that’s it. he didn’t ask how i am. he didn’t apologise for not saying good luck??? i don’t know what to do or say to him. this is quite a big deal to me and as a boyfriend he should wish me luck.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Chill. It’s not a major life or death thing,
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by itsyahg)
So i just had my first surgery today, i had 3 wisdom teeth removed. I’ve told my boyfriend many times yesterday and last week about the day and time of the surgery. He went to bed at 4 last night, he was just talking to his sister that’s it. because of this he didn’t wake up before my surgery to even say good luck??? he didn’t even ask me any questions about my surgery when i was telling about it to him yesterday. he didn’t even wish me luck yestserday. Then after my surgery he just said “good morning, let me know when you get back home”. that’s it. he didn’t ask how i am. he didn’t apologise for not saying good luck??? i don’t know what to do or say to him. this is quite a big deal to me and as a boyfriend he should wish me luck.
TBH, i dont think he saw it as a big deal. if it was something like a broken leg then i think he would have done all the things that you were expecting from him.
last year, i had to got to hospital and get a tooth removed but no one said good luck. However, i do remember a few people asked me how i was feeling (due to the fact it was swollen) after i got it removed. or it could just be due to the fact that he is not that type of person that says good luck
Pantera Fan Club
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Chill. Many people have operations to their teeth. If it was your appendix, then maybe, but I don't think that kind of surgery carries the same image of cutting open the body as more serious procedures do and so aren't so dramatic.
itsyahg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
TBH, i dont think he saw it as a big deal. if it was something like a broken leg then i think he would have done all the things that you were expecting from him.
last year, i had to got to hospital and get a tooth removed but no one said good luck. However, i do remember a few people asked me how i was feeling (due to the fact it was swollen) after i got it removed. or it could just be due to the fact that he is not that type of person that says good luck
but hes still my boyfriend and should show me some respect. he didn’t even say sorry for it because i told him that i was disappointed that he didn’t say it. but because it’s 3 wisdom teeth it’s different. he is that type of person though, he even woke up in the morning but fell back asleep because he was too tired. it’s a bad excuse tbh
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
but hes still my boyfriend and should show me some respect. he didn’t even say sorry for it because i told him that i was disappointed that he didn’t say it. but because it’s 3 wisdom teeth it’s different. he is that type of person though, he even woke up in the morning but fell back asleep because he was too tired. it’s a bad excuse tbh
TBH, i wouldn't let it get to you. To me it seems like he is a bit lazy but i honestly don't think you should let it get to you unless he hasn't been there for you previously when you needed him. what did he say to you when you told him that you were disappointed?

i hope you are not feeling any pain (if you r it will go in a week i know from experience)
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds like you're over-reacting a bit. It wasn't major surgery or anything. I don't think he has anything to apologise for to be honest.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
CHANELDIAMONDS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
were you put on drugs
R3negade
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When I had two wisdom teeth out, I went back to work in the afternoon.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think I'd be upset if my boyfriend was like that too, but I also know that it's an overreaction.

This might be sexist to say, but some blokes just aren't clued in to what we want them to say or how they should react to certain situations. They see it as no big deal, and assume you feel the same.

Don't worry about it.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
I think I'd be upset if my boyfriend was like that too, but I also know that it's an overreaction.

This might be sexist to say, but some blokes just aren't clued in to what we want them to say or how they should react to certain situations. They see it as no big deal, and assume you feel the same.

Don't worry about it.
i agree, i think she just wanted him to be there for her.
ShantelleLuis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's wisdom teeth; it's nothing to freak. I've had posterior Scoliosis correction and my bf didn't wish me anything but still, I forgave him. You should do the same. ( I don't really understand why he should apologise though ).
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
i agree, i think she just wanted him to be there for her.
especially, due to the fact that it was her fist surgery.
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
bruh they're wisdom teeth .... most people Don't take the dental matter seriously, and wisdom are taken out around the world like nothing.

My GF had to have a cavertiy refilled since something went wrong with the old one, a week back ... Didn't really talk much about it, that being said i was having massive wisdom teeth pains at the time as well. But yeah TBH i didnt care, it wasn't life or death and she didn't seem to care that much.
thatgr
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it's a wisdom tooth you ****ing bonobo
itsyahg
Rep:
?
TBH, i wouldn't let it get to you. To me it seems like he is a bit lazy but i honestly don't think you should let it get to you unless he hasn't been there for you previously when you needed him. what did he say to you when you told him that you were disappointed?

i hope you are not feeling any pain (if you r it will go in a week i know from experience)
he just said that i don’t understand and that i don’t appreciate our relationship. he has been there for me only sometimes in the past.

I’m not feeling pain yet and i’m not going to take the medicine until i feel some pain.
itsyahg
Rep:
?
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Sounds like you're over-reacting a bit. It wasn't major surgery or anything. I don't think he has anything to apologise for to be honest.
i think he should have said sorry for not saying good luck but he doesn’t understand
itsyahg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rainfall)
were you put on drugs
i was put to sleep that’s it
itsyahg
Rep:
?
(Original post by thatgr)
it's a wisdom tooth you ****ing bonobo
actually 5 in total. you don’t need to swear.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i think he should have said sorry for not saying good luck but he doesn’t understand
Good luck for what? You had teeth out. It wasn't as if you had to have major surgery done.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (379)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.33%

Watched Threads