The Student Room Group

Age of consent and rape

Me and my girlfriend (ex now) were together for over 10 years. We started 'dating' when i was 7 and she was 10, it wasn't proper dating but 'we wanted to get married and have children in the future and he is my prince charming' kind of stuff.

We first had s*x when i was 10 and she was 13, at that time i didn't know what sex was because i went a Catholic school, but i enjoyed it, so we would keep doing it. It was only one year later i learned what it was, but we still enjoyed it so we kept doing it. She was older than me, so she took care of protection and things.

However we broke up last week, we had a huge fight and we broke up on really bad terms. I am scared she might tell someone we had sex before the age of consent. Would i get in trouble for statutory rape as she was under 16.

I know the law is more biased against me and favors the womens words and i am really scared.
Reply 1
i tried contacting her for many times, but she hasn't repiled and she has blocked me on all social media. I can't ask anyone for help in case i might get in trouble.
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my girlfriend (ex now) were together for over 10 years. We started 'dating' when i was 7 and she was 10, it wasn't proper dating but 'we wanted to get married and have children in the future and he is my prince charming' kind of stuff.

We first had s*x when i was 10 and she was 13, at that time i didn't know what sex was because i went a Catholic school, but i enjoyed it, so we would keep doing it. It was only one year later i learned what it was, but we still enjoyed it so we kept doing it. She was older than me, so she took care of protection and things.

However we broke up last week, we had a huge fight and we broke up on really bad terms. I am scared she might tell someone we had sex before the age of consent. Would i get in trouble for statutory rape as she was under 16.

I know the law is more biased against me and favors the womens words and i am really scared.

You had s*x at ten? Jeezus, your girlfriend must have been really impatient. She was older than you so she must have introduced it. As long as you didn’t force it on her then it’s fine. If anything she would be in trouble.
Reply 3
Original post by ProRoadman
You had s*x at ten? Jeezus, your girlfriend must have been really impatient. She was older than you so she must have introduced it. As long as you didn’t force it on her then it’s fine. If anything she would be in trouble.

I really hope she doesn't tell anyone cause i don't want either of us to get in trouble. Looking back i feel so stupid
Original post by Anonymous

Hi,

The Sexual Offences Act (2003) covers both male and females (previously it was only females that it was rigorusly enforced). If it helps, remember te law is more to protect minors from adult sexual predators rather than stopping teenagers from "erxpermenting".

I'm not a lawyer (or remotely trained in law lol), but I think even if she did report the matter, I don't think they (the police and /or Crown Prosecution Service) would persue a complaint because:-

a) She was older than you (she was 13, you were 10), so if anything, it would look like she took advantage of you
b) The sexual relationship continued well into your adult lives (it didn't stop and either f you move on t someone else).

If she was to report it, I think the very worst that would happen is that the police would interview you to get your account and they'd probably draw a line under it (I don't even think you'd get a caution). IMHO, the only time this would surface again is if you (or her) were involved in a sexual offence (OSLT).

I don't know the nature of your argument or break up, but for her to report you would show an extremely vindictive for her to report you, and if she was going to d it, I would have thought it's something that she would have done very quickly (i.e. spur of the moment)... so if a month elapses and you've not heard anyting, you're probably in the clear.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending