The Student Room Group

Anyone else about to go into their final year of uni an absolutely scared? :s

somehow i've made it this far, not sure whats going to hppn now

Scroll to see replies

I'm about to start second year and that's scary enough. Hate to think what 3rd year will be like.
Original post by DrawTheLine
I'm about to start second year and that's scary enough. Hate to think what 3rd year will be like.

Good luck! :s What degree are you studying? I'm doing compsci.
Original post by bakedbeans247
Good luck! :s What degree are you studying? I'm doing compsci.

Forensic psychology
Original post by DrawTheLine
Forensic psychology

oh that sounds hard and interesting
2nd year for me also, somehow im shocked that ive come this far.

A few years ago it would have been incomprehensible.
I went from barely having a HS diploma, lacking a year of qualification for any university in europe, to a entering second year of a quite good uni in literally 2 years.
Finished my second year in May and am going into my third sometime in September. A bit nervous but more sad and nervous of the future and of leaving uni. Although I’m planning to stay on and do a masters so I won’t be leaving just yet.
I was the same when I was going into 3rd year. Finished this year and after 4 years, it’s been difficult. I’m the only one in my class not going on to do a Masters as I can’t get funding - too old.
ME!! I'm absolutely petrified. Everyone else in my course can't wait for the final year to come but I feel like I need a goof 6 months off to be able to face it. I have this sense of impending doom. :/
Reply 9
I'm slightly scared. No idea how I'll choose a research title and even go about doing it for 8months.
I'm going into my third year in September. I'm not feeling nervous yet, but before that I need to do a 5 week mapping project (starting Monday), which I'm a bit apprehensive about since it's a major part of third year assessment. Fingers crossed it'll go well
Definitely more apprehensive about this year than I have been for previous years. Not too concerned about my actual modules - they all look really interesting - but my dissertation terrifies me. We had to submit dissertation proposals on the last day of term and my idea is a little atypical so I’m imagining turning up in September and being told it’s useless. Hopefully I’ll get a good dissertation supervisor who can allay my fears!
Original post by Realitysreflexx
2nd year for me also, somehow im shocked that ive come this far.

A few years ago it would have been incomprehensible.
I went from barely having a HS diploma, lacking a year of qualification for any university in europe, to a entering second year of a quite good uni in literally 2 years.

Oh wow, bit of a journey for you then. Life just goes by so fast it's nuts. Im just worried i wont have the knowledge for doing the final project then having to apply for jobs :s
Original post by Forester98
Finished my second year in May and am going into my third sometime in September. A bit nervous but more sad and nervous of the future and of leaving uni. Although I’m planning to stay on and do a masters so I won’t be leaving just yet.

Yeah I feel same, gone by so quick.I feel like i could have made more use of my uni years, now with final year project im just so worried. Masters wow, you must be a hard working student. I shouldve worked harder.
Finished my first but redoing it at a different uni. Get to experience freshers all over again
Original post by BrianMcEgg
Finished my first but redoing it at a different uni. Get to experience freshers all over again

ooo lucky bugga. How comes youre doing it again.
Original post by denteddental
ME!! I'm absolutely petrified. Everyone else in my course can't wait for the final year to come but I feel like I need a goof 6 months off to be able to face it. I have this sense of impending doom. :/

omd saaameee, i wish i could take a breeaaak and also catch up to speed with work. Really am dreading it :s so scared and the fact education will be over and we'll have to compete to find employment :sss Also i have no idea how to decide which project to do, they all sound flipping crazy hard....
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Definitely more apprehensive about this year than I have been for previous years. Not too concerned about my actual modules - they all look really interesting - but my dissertation terrifies me. We had to submit dissertation proposals on the last day of term and my idea is a little atypical so I’m imagining turning up in September and being told it’s useless. Hopefully I’ll get a good dissertation supervisor who can allay my fears!

Ahh good luck with the dissertation man! Yeah same here, im soooo scared about the final year proj, i have no idea which project to even choose (we get to select or propose an idea), they all seem insanely hard. Guess i shldve worked harder first 2 yrs...
Original post by bakedbeans247
ooo lucky bugga. How comes youre doing it again.

Bournemouth was a complete disaster, needed a fresh start really badly and I failed a module quite badly too, so there’s no point in resitting. Hopefully Swansea is nicer to me
First I was afraid. I was petrified. Still scared sh*tless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending