The Student Room Group

Selected the wrong firm choice tonight by accident and don't have a insurance choice

By accident i've selected the wrong university as my firm choice and ultimately declined all my other choices, what should I do? I've had offers from both of them but now im stressing this mistake has literally ruined it for me
**** that sucks.

I guess you could try and ring up the unis that you do want to go to and ask them for advice. It may be that they can let you in like, outside of UCAS perhaps. Idrk though probably no guarantees if that could happen at all.

Basically I guess you just have to get some good grades and then be super ready to sweat out the clearing and adjustment process on results day. I know people who have rejected all their offers and are now planning to just use clearing to get into one so that is an option.

Also if you did happen to want to take a gap year then this mistake wouldn’t really matter at all so maybe consider that because you could like go travelling and ****.
I think you can swap them around by ringing UCAS before July 19th but that’s tomorrow- so hurry!!! There’s more info on the sticky, just call UCAS and explain, along with the university you wanted to make your firm and the one you selected by accident.
Original post by naspa200
By accident i've selected the wrong university as my firm choice and ultimately declined all my other choices, what should I do? I've had offers from both of them but now im stressing this mistake has literally ruined it for me

If you did it tonight, you have 14 days to change your mind under distance selling legislation. Contact UCAS and explain you made a mistake. They will help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending