The Student Room Group

Motorcycle CBT help

Just sat my CBT today and the group in which I did it was pretty big (4 people).

Two of the people were just renewing their CBT so they got through it easily

Me and this other guy are completely new and have never ridden. I was due to ride a 125cc, whilst he was due to ride a scooter.

But then the instructor then downgraded me to a scooter because ‘it might be easier teaching both of you’; i understood and thought nothing of it.

Then, as we’re learning the scooter, the other guy takes like 4 hours to get the basics whilst i got them down pretty good within 20 minutes. So i had to wait for the other guy to catch up..
Then, boom, we’re out of time and I didn’t even get to go on the road cause he was taking so long. The instructor was focusing on him so much. Now I have to pay £60 to book on another day to continue my test.

What shall I do?

Is this unfair or am i being unreasonable?

CT: Bigger discussion on cheap motorbike insurance for young riders here
(edited 5 years ago)
That's not fair. Go and speak to the centre. He needs to be sacked.
If I were you, I would either ask that training centre for your money back or for them to give you another CBT course (without charging you).

And if you're wanting to get into riding geared bikes, don't let them fob you off with a scooter either. It's not much like riding a bike.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending