The Student Room Group

Help me identify where to apply

Hello,

I am new at TSR, so hi to everyone. I am currently an international high school student and would like to apply for my bachelors to universities in UK, but I have not decided on the major yet. It will probably be either Computer Science and Engineering/Artificial Intelligence or Business Administration. I have many universities in mind and I have no idea which to remove since the list is pretty huge. Any info regarding which universities I should apply to, which to avoid, which has better student life, which is more prestigious for which major (since I am still undecided). Here are the universities: (? = undecided major)

1.) UCL (possibly for foundation year)

2.) King's College London (again for foundation year)

3.) University of Edinburgh (CS, Business, or Foundation)

4.) University of Leeds (?)

5.) University of Queen Mary (Law)

6.) University of Glasgow (?)

7.) University of Sheffield (?)

8.) City University London (Cass School of Business)

9.) University of Manchester (?)

10.) University of Nottingham (?)

11.) Royal Holloway London (?)

12.) University of Aberdeen (?)

13.) Queens University Belfast (?)

14.) University of Birmingham (?)

15.) University of Southampton (?)

16.) University of Warwick (Business)

17.) University of Durham (?)

18.) Cardiff University (?)

19.) Trinity College Dublin (?)

20.) University of St. Andrews (?)

21.) University of Lancaster (?)

I am very new in the UCAS application thingy, and will hopefully learn a lot from this site from the existing threads. For most universities I have marked them with a ? since I am still unsure about my major. Any suggestions/recommendations will be appreciated
ANY information would be very highly appreciated. Thank you all so so much. :smile:)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by amjadakarim6
Hello,

I am new at TSR, so hi to everyone. I would like to apply for my bachelors to universities in UK, but I have not decided on the major yet. It will probably be either Computer Science and Engineering/Artificial Intelligence or Business Administration. I have many universities in mind and I have no idea which to remove since the list is pretty huge. Any info regarding which universities I should apply to, which to avoid, which has better student life, which is more prestigious for which major (since I am still undecided). Here are the universities: (? = undecided major)

I am very new in the UCAS application thingy, and will hopefully learn a lot from this site from the existing threads. For most universities I have marked them with a ? since I am still unsure about my major. Any suggestions/recommendations will be appreciated
ANY information would be very highly appreciated. Thank you all so so much. :smile:)

Have you looked on the complete university guide. You can get the overall rankings and individual rankings for your subject. This might help you rule out some unis for certain subjects
Original post by MissMathsxo
Have you looked on the complete university guide. You can get the overall rankings and individual rankings for your subject. This might help you rule out some unis for certain subjects

I have not. I will definitely check it out though. Thank you very much for pointing it out for me :smile:
Hello,

I am new at TSR, so hi to everyone. I am currently an international high school student and would like to apply for my bachelors to universities in UK, but I have not decided on the major yet. It will probably be either Computer Science and Engineering/Artificial Intelligence or Business Administration. I have many universities in mind and I have no idea which to remove since the list is pretty huge. Any info regarding which universities I should apply to, which to avoid, which has better student life, which is more prestigious for which major (since I am still undecided). Here are the universities: (? = undecided major)

I would not worry over university reputation. All have good reputations. The things you need to look at is what kind of place do you want to stay at. Big or small city, do you want a campus or city university, look at the course and modules see which suits you better Check the entry standards against your likely grades. For example Durham, Lancaster and St Andrews are in small towns. Clearly there wont be the king of nightlife there you would get in the likes of London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow or Leeds. It might also be worth looking whay area you intend looking at as the the universities shown are is 5 separate countries.
Hello,

I can really only help with Southampton as I went to Solent and did some work experence at the other uni (the one your talking about) a few years back I also go to southampton frequently so I know quite a bit about the city.

Southampton university is quite a good university it's within the top 20(this a a good thing.) and has quite a good engeneering department ( did some work experence there it's got laods of equipment and it all reltivley modern so thats all good.

The campus is massive it's got some acommidation on site take away pizza shops A few shops like the co-op (a food shop) a canteen aSU building and an SU shop the su shop is pretty cool not only can you get your usual things like pies or sandwiches uni sweatshirts (you'll wan one of those they are warm and so comfortable) but they have a lot of things from Japan (you can see text and everything) even Japinise sweerts (avoid these like the plague).

Southampton is alo a great city for students it's got a pretty nice shopping centre loads of restraunts night clubs to cater to almost every taste weather you want a really messy night or want something more chilled there will be something for you also with two universitys in Southampton your never short of people to chat to or have a friendly rivalry with. there are also swimming pools a dry ski slope climbing walls sailing (Calshot spit is) nearby also transport links are quite good what wit the trainstation and the airport near by (you can ge a bus direct from the air port to the uni).

I don't know much about the acommidation because I went to Solent butI have seen inside mayflower halls and they seem great (https://www.southampton.ac.uk/uni-life/accommodation/halls/mayflower.page) any way any spcefic questions just send me a PM or quote me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending