The Student Room Group

can I bring my hookah to uni

I've heard stories about people taking hookahs to their uni accommodation and renting them out/using them - am I right in saying that wouldn't be allowed?
Not a clue. What flavours you like? Blue mist is a beast of a flavour.
Original post by yusyus
I've heard stories about people taking hookahs to their uni accommodation and renting them out/using them - am I right in saying that wouldn't be allowed?

Almost certainly not and the stories sound bogus at least where uni rules are concerned.

If you are in uni accommodation then oy will almost certainly be treated the same as smoking and vaping for ease of regulation.
The uni regulations and accommodation contract will point the way.
Tolerated until someone complains or you forget to hide it during inspection.
I've brought mine to uni and had no problems. I've even had my room inspected as part of the termly inspection and they've not had a problem. I smoked it outside in the smoking area, and one of the receptionists even asked to have a go on it when they came out for a smoke. I've even taken it into uni and smoked it there without anyone saying anything.
Original post by yusyus

Shisha pipes and hookah are ok to smoke outside! A few years ago, a guy in my halls had a shisha pipe and we smoked it outside our halls but within the grounds and staff didn't care but this was late at night and was a weekly thing.
Reply 6
Original post by thatmememachine
Not a clue. What flavours you like? Blue mist is a beast of a flavour.

yeah blue mist is a good one I like mint/watermelon too. I also had a gummy bear flavour once which was good
You cant even vape in university accomodation....much less hookah, if you lived in private uni accomodation like i did you could even smoke pot lol.

But oncampus ie uni accomodation is very kiddish with the rules/expensive.
Reply 8
Original post by Realitysreflexx
You cant even vape in university accomodation....much less hookah, if you lived in private uni accomodation like i did you could even smoke pot lol.

But oncampus ie uni accomodation is very kiddish with the rules/expensive.

sorry what is private accomodation again? If I go to Imperial since it doesn't have like halls are they all private accomodation?
As I pointed out it depends which Uni.
If you are on university property then it is likely to be forbidden.
The fact the cleaner saw it is neither here nor there.
They can enforce the ban if they want.
I'd imagine they have more of a drugs problem, so I doubt they get round to shisha, unless you get dobbed in.
Original post by yusyus
sorry what is private accomodation again? If I go to Imperial since it doesn't have like halls are they all private accomodation?

In London it should be private accomodation, but that doesnt mean they will necessarily be lax, i would suggest going and assessing if its safe to bring, and then have it shipped out or grab it at christmas. You will survive plently of hookah bars in London.
Gwossss
Original post by yusyus
yeah blue mist is a good one I like mint/watermelon too. I also had a gummy bear flavour once which was good

Gummy bear oh my god. I need to try this.
I do hookah
Its better than sex
no but you can bring your hooker

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending