can I bring my hookah to uni

Watch
yusyus
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've heard stories about people taking hookahs to their uni accommodation and renting them out/using them - am I right in saying that wouldn't be allowed?
thatmememachine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not a clue. What flavours you like? Blue mist is a beast of a flavour.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yusyus)
I've heard stories about people taking hookahs to their uni accommodation and renting them out/using them - am I right in saying that wouldn't be allowed?

Almost certainly not and the stories sound bogus at least where uni rules are concerned.

If you are in uni accommodation then oy will almost certainly be treated the same as smoking and vaping for ease of regulation.
The uni regulations and accommodation contract will point the way.
TheJohnM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tolerated until someone complains or you forget to hide it during inspection.
Toni Cipriani
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've brought mine to uni and had no problems. I've even had my room inspected as part of the termly inspection and they've not had a problem. I smoked it outside in the smoking area, and one of the receptionists even asked to have a go on it when they came out for a smoke. I've even taken it into uni and smoked it there without anyone saying anything.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Shisha pipes and hookah are ok to smoke outside! A few years ago, a guy in my halls had a shisha pipe and we smoked it outside our halls but within the grounds and staff didn't care but this was late at night and was a weekly thing.
yusyus
Rep:
?
(Original post by thatmememachine)
Not a clue. What flavours you like? Blue mist is a beast of a flavour.
yeah blue mist is a good one I like mint/watermelon too. I also had a gummy bear flavour once which was good
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You cant even vape in university accomodation....much less hookah, if you lived in private uni accomodation like i did you could even smoke pot lol.

But oncampus ie uni accomodation is very kiddish with the rules/expensive.
yusyus
Rep:
?
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
You cant even vape in university accomodation....much less hookah, if you lived in private uni accomodation like i did you could even smoke pot lol.

But oncampus ie uni accomodation is very kiddish with the rules/expensive.
sorry what is private accomodation again? If I go to Imperial since it doesn't have like halls are they all private accomodation?
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
As I pointed out it depends which Uni.
If you are on university property then it is likely to be forbidden.
The fact the cleaner saw it is neither here nor there.
They can enforce the ban if they want.
I'd imagine they have more of a drugs problem, so I doubt they get round to shisha, unless you get dobbed in.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
sorry what is private accomodation again? If I go to Imperial since it doesn't have like halls are they all private accomodation?
In London it should be private accomodation, but that doesnt mean they will necessarily be lax, i would suggest going and assessing if its safe to bring, and then have it shipped out or grab it at christmas. You will survive plently of hookah bars in London.
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Gwossss
thatmememachine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah blue mist is a good one I like mint/watermelon too. I also had a gummy bear flavour once which was good
Gummy bear oh my god. I need to try this.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I do hookah
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Its better than sex
goggleyed
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
no but you can bring your hooker
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (10)
7.63%
Confident (17)
12.98%
Indifferent (24)
18.32%
Unsure (36)
27.48%
Worried (44)
33.59%

Watched Threads