The Student Room Group

I did a good deed but feel terrible

So in the early hours today about 20 magpies where making a lot of noise in my garden. I took a look and one of the was caught my footballs net. The only way I could get it out was to cut the net as it was seriously caught in it and by mistake I cut its toe, I didn’t cut it off, but damaged it to a point where it was bleeding. I feel so bad for doing this and it’s all I can think off. I freed it from the net however it still had a bit of net on the foot as it flew off before I could get to it. But I can’t stop thinking about injuring it and it’s making me feel like an awful person. Any advice to help me forget this?
Reply 1
You helped the magpie, yes your caught it’s toe but that will heel there nothing you can do now. You did a good thing by going out and freeing the magpie all your intentions were positive
You can't be an actual awful person when you were trying to do something nice and if it wasn't for you the magpie could have been dead so this should make you feel better.

It was flying after the injury, meaning that maybe the injury wasn't that bad and might thererfore recover so don't worry too much about it. :h:
Reply 3
Original post by New Identity
You can't be an actual awful person when you were trying to do something nice and if it wasn't for you the magpie could have been dead so this should make you feel better.

It was flying after the injury, meaning that maybe the injury wasn't that bad and might thererfore recover so don't worry too much about it. :h:

Thank you, when you say it like that. It makes me feel much better
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you, when you say it like that. It makes me feel much better

No worries :biggrin:
What if the magpie reported you the the magpie police? =O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending