The Student Room Group

Provisional licence still says in progress awaiting return form?? Help

Hey there I was wondering if anybody had any experience with doing there provisional licence online with no passport I I applied for mine online paid and 1week later received the return form so I attached my signed photo and the relivant I. D documents, I sent it of last Tuesday via recorded special delivery so I know it was with them last Wednesday, as I got proof as they signed for it its now 7 days since they received it and my online tracker still says in progress awaiting application return from I don't understand??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dfuzion
Hey there I was wondering if anybody had any experience with doing there provisional licence online with no passport I I applied for mine online paid and 1week later received the return form so I attached my signed photo and the relivant I. D documents, I sent it of last Tuesday via recorded special delivery so I know it was with them last Wednesday, as I got proof as they signed for it its now 7 days since they received it and my online tracker still says in progress awaiting application return from I don't understand??

Did you try calling them up to get a status update?
Reply 2
Yes they said there was nothing there could do was a case of just waiting which is more frustrating
Original post by Dfuzion
Yes they said there was nothing there could do was a case of just waiting which is more frustrating

Just a case of patience, if everything sent was correct, I'm afraid. They do take some time when they're sent stuff in the post.

Mine was all done online and took no more than a week to arrive.
Reply 4
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Just a case of patience, if everything sent was correct, I'm afraid. They do take some time when they're sent stuff in the post.

Mine was all done online and took no more than a week to arrive.

Yeh I think that's the case I'm just worrying lol thanks guys :smile:
Original post by Dfuzion

The same thing happened to me. Its nothing to worry about. They just keep that status until they have checked everything and are ready to send it off. About one day before i received my provisional, the status was updated. So it should be the same for you.
Reply 6
Original post by AlexaB05
The same thing happened to me. Its nothing to worry about. They just keep that status until they have checked everything and are ready to send it off. About one day before i received my provisional, the status was updated. So it should be the same for you.

Thanks man that's a great relief I've got my motorbike insured taxed and tested just waiting on my provisional to sit my CBt test so just probably me having no patience haha :smile:
Reply 7
Still nothing at all they really like to keep u waiting don't they
Reply 8
@DfuzionI, Any update? have sent my application last Thursday, delivered and signed on Friday but online tracking shows they still waiting for return form. Exactly same situation like yours!
Reply 9
I finaly got it sent out yesterday guys got sent in yesterday's morning post they said so probably another waiting game
Reply 10
Original post by Proyash
@DfuzionI, Any update? have sent my application last Thursday, delivered and signed on Friday but online tracking shows they still waiting for return form. Exactly same situation like yours!

Mine took just over a week tbh they don't update online tracking from in progress to transaction complete until the day they send yiur licence out :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Dfuzion
Mine took just over a week tbh they don't update online tracking from in progress to transaction complete until the day they send yiur licence out :smile:

My transaction status updated to "Transaction completed: License issued" this morning. Does it mean that they also dispatched my license and documents already?
Reply 12
Can anyone help, I was at this stage of my provisional (process of returning application form) on the 8th of September and I didn’t use my passport as it was expired, they received it on the 13th as I found out on Royal Mail track. However it is the26th, and I still have not received anything and I’ve tried to track my provisional application online and it is still awaiting for “application to be received”. I don’t get this...
Original post by GOI983
Can anyone help, I was at this stage of my provisional (process of returning application form) on the 8th of September and I didn’t use my passport as it was expired, they received it on the 13th as I found out on Royal Mail track. However it is the26th, and I still have not received anything and I’ve tried to track my provisional application online and it is still awaiting for “application to be received”. I don’t get this...

this was the same for me, they only update the online tracker when they send it out. maybe you could call to get a status update? i called today and found out mine was about to be dispatched and its been just under three weeks. it's quite busy for them around this time of year unfortunately
Reply 14
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
this was the same for me, they only update the online tracker when they send it out. maybe you could call to get a status update? i called today and found out mine was about to be dispatched and its been just under three weeks. it's quite busy for them around this time of year unfortunately

Oh alright. Can you please tell me when they send yours and update the track... please. As far as I know my application still hasn’t been “received”. I called yesterday, and the guy said that 3 weeks from receiving it will be on October 2nd as they received it on Sep 11th...
how long did it take for ur return form am still waiting
Reply 16
I was wondering if anyone can help me. What does it mean when it say transaction completed licence issued...
Reply 17
Does transaction completed licence issued mean that the license is on its way to me can someone help me please thankyou..
Reply 18
Yes it does mean they’ve sent it out, should be with you tomorrow. I’m still waiting for them to update mine. How long have you been waiting?
Reply 19
Original post by KLouxo
Yes it does mean they’ve sent it out, should be with you tomorrow. I’m still waiting for them to update mine. How long have you been waiting?

Thankyou.. it said on Monday my transaction completed licence issued so been waiting since then but it took over one week to update to that...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending