The Student Room Group

NHS STP 2019 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

What time today does the 48 hour window close?
Has the tax been deducted already from the salary, or do we need to pay tax and NI separately?
Reply 1782
Have you not had a job before? Bottom of band 6 is 30401. When you get paid they automatically take tax, student loan (if applicable), national insurance and pension (9.3% NHS for that level of wage) and you get the rest into your nominated bank account.
Original post by QHT123
Has the tax been deducted already from the salary, or do we need to pay tax and NI separately?
How do we get our interview feedback?
Reply 1784
Sometime today probably at like 3 or 4 whenever the original offers went out but the NSHCS have to manually trigger the release of the next offers so it may not happen til tomorrow.
Original post by Tini L
What time today does the 48 hour window close?

Email the nshcs asking for it, include some photo ID in your email.
Original post by mia098
How do we get our interview feedback?
Thank you :smile:
Original post by SFR7
Sometime today probably at like 3 or 4 whenever the original offers went out but the NSHCS have to manually trigger the release of the next offers so it may not happen til tomorrow.

Email the nshcs asking for it, include some photo ID in your email.
Reply 1786
Well done on your offer, do you mind me asking which placement you accepted?
Original post by Seb333
I only just got an interview by 1 mark (only know this from this forum) and have also scraped an offer for clinical biochemistry. I scored 38.25 and ranked 17th. Extremely tight margins but hopefully you still get an offer!
Thank you, no of course not. I currently have an offer for Norwich, so I don’t think many people wanted to go there. It was about middle of my preferences as I have some family there but still hoping a little bit that I get lucky and upgraded
Original post by TL_92
Well done on your offer, do you mind me asking which placement you accepted?
Original post by ShanksA
Thanks :smile: I got ranked 9 and I scored 41 in the interview.

How the heck did u get that lol soooo gooood. Can you please give us advice how to prepare for tests n interviews please
Are there any people who got an offer for reproductive science and wouldn't mind saying what interview score they had?
Original post by Seb333
Thank you, no of course not. I currently have an offer for Norwich, so I don’t think many people wanted to go there. It was about middle of my preferences as I have some family there but still hoping a little bit that I get lucky and upgraded

I am planing to apply for clinical biochemistry soon I finish my degree. Anyone who gets an offer for clinical biochemistry.
Anyone on the reserve list heard back yet?
Nope! I don't think we'll hear anything till next week. :/
Original post by AbuTheBaker
Nope :frown: having to wait a second time is horrible though
Original post by AbuTheBaker
Reply 1794
Does anyone know if we would we hear about upgrades round about now (the 48hr deadline), or would it be the holding deadline (28th) / upgrade deadline (30th) ? :/
Reply 1795
They recycle the offers until all have been accepted. Initially you get the ones where people decline or choose another. Then after that people will decline or accept those. You'll get those ones mopped up and then the people holding with a hope of upgrades have to either accept or decline by the 28th. Those offers are recycled and the people who get those have until the 30th to accept. After that anything that comes up goes to the reserves only.
Original post by Lo289
Does anyone know if we would we hear about upgrades round about now (the 48hr deadline), or would it be the holding deadline (28th) / upgrade deadline (30th) ? :/
Has anyone accepted positions at The Christie? I've accepted a medical physics position there. :smile:
Anyone here is also pursuing an MSc that end after the STP starts? It shouldn't be a problem, right?
Reply 1798
Ends as in teaching up until September or will you be done but waiting to graduate?
Original post by QHT123
Anyone here is also pursuing an MSc that end after the STP starts? It shouldn't be a problem, right?
I'm taking the stance that unless you are pretty near rank 79 or higher (In the example of Medical Physics) it's probably best to try and move on mentally if you can. I mean I know its possible because maybe you are the only other person who has chosen a certain hospital and that person declines but its hard to just wait.
Original post by Tini L
Nope :frown: having to wait a second time is horrible though

Quick Reply

Latest