The Student Room Group

Clearing Question

Ok, so I'm in Clearing right now and have rang 2 universities. They have both told me they will take it into consideration and ring me later. I don't know if I'm being impatient or anything but I'm worried that the space I could potentially get will be taken :frown: What should I do?

Edit: If you're wondering one of those was Queen's University Belfast and the other was University of Ulster. Queen's told me to fill in an online form so I've done that, and Ulster said that they'll pass it on to one of their superior's who will ring me later.
(edited 5 years ago)
That's a tricky situation, they're potentially waiting to give offers to the people with highest grades that apply via clearing. Did the places you contacted tell you when they would call you by? If you have another phone (a landline? Obviously don't be on the line that the unis are going to call you back on!) I would suggest pursuing a few more unis for clearing places, just in case your current options don't end up accepting you. Then phone back the places you already contacted in a couple of hours if you don't hear back yet. There's no limit to the number of verbal offers you can hold at once so feel free to try and get as many as you can to keep your options open.
Reply 2
Hi,

Thanks for replying so quickly! I'm pretty much limited to those 2 universities as I'm not prepared to leave the country yet (Have a car and a part-time job), so it would really have to be them :/ Ulster said they'd ring "later on today" and Queen's didn't say they'd ring me but to just fill in the online form. I rang at around 2 so it's been a couple of hours now. I might try ringing again and see what happens.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Update! Ulster University rang me and asked for proof of my results! They didn't mention an offer specifically but hopefully I'll get one :biggrin: because I would love to go there!
Original post by Crickey333
Update! Ulster University rang me and asked for proof of my results! They didn't mention an offer specifically but hopefully I'll get one :biggrin: because I would love to go there!

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest