The Student Room Group

I was offered a place at my firm even though I didn't get the grades for it

Hello,
It is 21:58 and this morning I got my place at my firm even though you needed AAB I got ABC (Physics with Computer Science). It has just come to me how much this upsets me because I don't feel like I am worth it to go on this course plus I actually wanted to go to my insurance place so if i didn't get into my firm it would be fine because I would get to go to my insurance instead. However this is actually the worst thing that could happen to me because I was given my place at my firm without getting the right grades. Unfortunately my brain is broken because normal people would normally be very happy about this but this is giving a lot of of anxiety and stress and making me very sad. I have a few questions,
Is it common for people to get into a university course that they didn't get the right grades for?
How much time do i have to change my mind and talk to my insurance choice
Is it a good idea to go to my insurance choice just because I feel so crappy about this?
Is it stupid to feel bad about getting into my firm?
I honestly just want to change reality so that I got into my insurance with my grades and that my firm didnt accept me because my insurance would have(BBC) then things would be as they seem and everything would make sense. Sorry for my long post i just want to vent stupid thoughts and frustrations
Original post by SamuraiBeserker
Hello,
It is 21:58 and this morning I got my place at my firm even though you needed AAB I got ABC (Physics with Computer Science). It has just come to me how much this upsets me because I don't feel like I am worth it to go on this course plus I actually wanted to go to my insurance place so if i didn't get into my firm it would be fine because I would get to go to my insurance instead. However this is actually the worst thing that could happen to me because I was given my place at my firm without getting the right grades. Unfortunately my brain is broken because normal people would normally be very happy about this but this is giving a lot of of anxiety and stress and making me very sad. I have a few questions,
Is it common for people to get into a university course that they didn't get the right grades for?
How much time do i have to change my mind and talk to my insurance choice
Is it a good idea to go to my insurance choice just because I feel so crappy about this?
Is it stupid to feel bad about getting into my firm?
I honestly just want to change reality so that I got into my insurance with my grades and that my firm didnt accept me because my insurance would have(BBC) then things would be as they seem and everything would make sense. Sorry for my long post i just want to vent stupid thoughts and frustrations

Hey :wavey:

Lots of students are accepted into uni even if their grades are lower. I was accepted when I missed my grades too :smile:

If you want to go to your insurance choice you need to call them tomorrow and find out if they have a place for you. If they do, you need to ask your Firm to put you into Clearing and then apply through Clearing for your former insurance.

Does this help?

:heart:
Original post by SamuraiBeserker
Hello,
Is it common for people to get into a university course that they didn't get the right grades for?Yes, this is very common
How m time do i have to change my mind and talk to my insurance choice
if they are in clearing, you can give them a ring, but you don't actually get to change your mind as such. It's very possible you can get into your insurance if want though.
Is it a good idea to go to my insurance choice just because I feel so crappy about this? If you think this would make you happier you should definitely try to get into your insurance.
Is it stupid to feel bad about getting into my firm? No, how you feel is how you feel. It's not stupid.

Answers in bold. I hope you get into your insurance if that's what you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending