The Student Room Group

a level result remark, English at soas

I got A in art, B in Maths and C in English and my offer to do English at soas was ABB.
my application was unsuccessful BUT my English teacher said that the first English paper seems to be incorrectly marked for a lot of people so I've paid for a priority marking and hopefully I'll get a B because English is my strong point and I was surprised about the C.
I also have called soas and told them everything and my application is being considered further.
is there a big chance that ill get in if my grade for English goes up and I meet the required grades?
sorry about rambling im very stressed bc I really want this place
Original post by sophiemirza
I got A in art, B in Maths and C in English and my offer to do English at soas was ABB.
my application was unsuccessful BUT my English teacher said that the first English paper seems to be incorrectly marked for a lot of people so I've paid for a priority marking and hopefully I'll get a B because English is my strong point and I was surprised about the C.
I also have called soas and told them everything and my application is being considered further.
is there a big chance that ill get in if my grade for English goes up and I meet the required grades?

If you meet your offer then they should accept you after your review :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

It's natural to feel stressed, this is super stressful... :hugs:

If you're need the grade boundary your grade could go up. It's not a remark, it's a grade review. So they're assessing whether the paper has been marked correctly and everything is accounted for.

Unis have to honour the review process so they will hold your place for now and if your grade goes up they'll accept you.

What is your insurance choice?
Original post by Interrobang
If you meet your offer then they should accept you after your remark :smile:

thank you, im so worried that they'll just reject me for some reason even if my English grade is higher
Original post by She-Ra
It's natural to feel stressed, this is super stressful... :hugs:

If you're need the grade boundary your grade could go up. It's not a remark, it's a grade review. So they're assessing whether the paper has been marked correctly and everything is accounted for.

Unis have to honour the review process so they will hold your place for now and if your grade goes up they'll accept you.

What is your insurance choice?

ohh ok a lot of people's marks were much lower than expected so I hoping it goes up and I was close to a B
my insurance is Brunel and I got that but I only really want to go to soas
ohh ok a lot of people's marks were much lower than expected so I hoping it goes up and I was close to a B
my insurance is Brunel and I got that but I only really want to go to soas

It sounds like something has gone a bit wrong there. Fingers crossed it does and it will all be ok :smile:

Let us know what happens :h:
Original post by She-Ra
It sounds like something has gone a bit wrong there. Fingers crossed it does and it will all be ok :smile:

Let us know what happens :h:

I will do, thank you so much for your reassurance
I will do, thank you so much for your reassurance

You're so welcome, glad I could help you :hat2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending