The Student Room Group

I don't know anymore...I feel lost after my AS results...

I originally wanted to study Biochemistry with a foundation year at university, as the only science I did was Biology at A level, alongside Sociology, Politics, and History. Anyway's fast-forward to results day 2018 and I find out I've got an A in Sociology (very pleased), C's in Politics and History (I wasn't disappointed with History as I hated it and with Politics I know I can get it up to an A next year), but then it came to Biology. I got an E. I looked at the paper and was like what? because I worked so hard at it the whole year and really enjoyed the course and my teacher said I should be aiming for an A/B grade. I found the papers ok and thought they were nice enough...APPARENTLY NOT (I actually got a U in one...A U!!!!). I feel so gutted like! I honestly don't know what to do anymore... I feel lost. Out of everyone in my Biology class ( 10 of them) only 2 passed (with C's, everyone else got D's, E's and U's) and in the other Biology classes at my school only a few got passing grades as C's also and the rest D's, E's, and U's. I feel like applying for Law again (as that was my original plan when I started my A levels) but I know that my AS results are too low. My school says I have to do History next year or I won't get back in next year to do A2, but honestly I don't think I'd get more than a C at A2 and no Russell Groups would even look at a C grade candidate for Law. Has anyone got any ideas? I'm so lost right now. Biology was my passion, but now I don't know anymore.
Original post by Vertigo77
I originally wanted to study Biochemistry with a foundation year at university, as the only science I did was Biology at A level, alongside Sociology, Politics, and History. Anyway's fast-forward to results day 2018 and I find out I've got an A in Sociology (very pleased), C's in Politics and History (I wasn't disappointed with History as I hated it and with Politics I know I can get it up to an A next year), but then it came to Biology. I got an E. I looked at the paper and was like what? because I worked so hard at it the whole year and really enjoyed the course and my teacher said I should be aiming for an A/B grade. I found the papers ok and thought they were nice enough...APPARENTLY NOT (I actually got a U in one...A U!!!!). I feel so gutted like! I honestly don't know what to do anymore... I feel lost. Out of everyone in my Biology class ( 10 of them) only 2 passed (with C's, everyone else got D's, E's and U's) and in the other Biology classes at my school only a few got passing grades as C's also and the rest D's, E's, and U's. I feel like applying for Law again (as that was my original plan when I started my A levels) but I know that my AS results are too low. My school says I have to do History next year or I won't get back in next year to do A2, but honestly I don't think I'd get more than a C at A2 and no Russell Groups would even look at a C grade candidate for Law. Has anyone got any ideas? I'm so lost right now. Biology was my passion, but now I don't know anymore.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the grades you were after sounds like the teaching might of been a issue as you all received low grades. Is there any resits you can do to see if you can up your grade before making the decision to take biology for the second year. Or request a remark ?

Russel Group uni's aren't the only good universities out there so might be worth expanding your choice <3

xxx
Hi @Vertigo77

Are you applying for Law for the 2018 or 2019 academic year? Have you considered studying in Scotland? We still have places left in clearing, give us a call on: 0800 389 3931. We are open until 6pm this evening and re-open at 9am tomorrow morning.

You can either choose to study an English law degree in Scotland or have the option to study both Scots and English Law. Both will enable you to practice as a Solicitor or Barrister (depending whether you do the LPC or Pupillage course after your degree) in England. I'm currently on the Graduate Entrant (Scots and English Law) degree programme. If you have any questions then let me know- here to help!

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending