The Student Room Group

A-level economics remark

Hi, i need some advice on my situation.

I got ACC for my a- level and unfortunately missed my insurance offer by 1 grade, i've found out that my economics was 3 raw marks off a B. My economics teacher suggested me to get a remark on my paper1 but i also felt like paper 3 was under marked.
Here's are my question:
-i know essays are quite subjective so do i have a good chance on getting my B.
-I'm afraid it will be too late by the time the remark comes out as i know the course i applied is popular and i really wanted to study there, should i talk to my insurance uni and what should i say to them.
-should i wait for the paper 1 remark to be done before sending paper 3 for a remark.
i've been worrying since the result day and felt extremely exhausted so would appreciate if someone could answer all my question...... :frown:(((
Original post by Fisherlok
Hi, i need some advice on my situation.

I got ACC for my a- level and unfortunately missed my insurance offer by 1 grade, i've found out that my economics was 3 raw marks off a B. My economics teacher suggested me to get a remark on my paper1 but i also felt like paper 3 was under marked.
Here's are my question:
-i know essays are quite subjective so do i have a good chance on getting my B.
-I'm afraid it will be too late by the time the remark comes out as i know the course i applied is popular and i really wanted to study there, should i talk to my insurance uni and what should i say to them.
-should i wait for the paper 1 remark to be done before sending paper 3 for a remark.
i've been worrying since the result day and felt extremely exhausted so would appreciate if someone could answer all my question...... :frown:(((

If your economics teacher has suggested that you get Paper 1 remarked, then go for it. Have you asked them about Paper 3?

Priority remarks take 15 days max. - you need to ask your insurance university if they'll be willing to take you on should your grade go up.

You want to apply for both your papers to be remarked. Remarking requests have deadlines for submission.
Reply 2
Universities are meant to hold places for people waiting for reviews of marking until 31 AUgust.

How long a review takes depends on the exam board - Edexcel are currently completing them in 1-3 days so if you're with Edexcel you have time to apply for Unit 1 and see how that goes if you act fast. OCR also tend to be reasonably quick but AQA are slower. Tell your university you are going for a review if you do.
Im with AQA - 1 mark of uni place for Bio :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Blue_Cow
If your economics teacher has suggested that you get Paper 1 remarked, then go for it. Have you asked them about Paper 3?

Priority remarks take 15 days max. - you need to ask your insurance university if they'll be willing to take you on should your grade go up.

You want to apply for both your papers to be remarked. Remarking requests have deadlines for submission.

Don't think my teacher will check the email on a Sunday, but i've asked him if he can take a look on the paper 3 for me and give me some suggestion. Also, yes the uni said they will take me if my grade goes up, finger cross for the remark:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
Universities are meant to hold places for people waiting for reviews of marking until 31 AUgust.

How long a review takes depends on the exam board - Edexcel are currently completing them in 1-3 days so if you're with Edexcel you have time to apply for Unit 1 and see how that goes if you act fast. OCR also tend to be reasonably quick but AQA are slower. Tell your university you are going for a review if you do.

This means that i'll get the remark in the next 1-2 days, i'm planning to ask for a remark on paper 3 in case the grade didn't change, do you think is worth it or not? Deadline for remark request is tomorrow apparently
Reply 6
Original post by HippoRhino3

Definitely go for a remark, u have nothing to lose, we are on the same boat mate :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Definitely go for a remark, u have nothing to lose, we are on the same boat mate :smile:

i have, have every single finger crossed for us both
Reply 8
I truly appreciated for everyone who helped me and answered my question, the appealed result came back yesterday and my economics overall mark went up by 8 marks and gone up to a B. whether or not my insurance will offer me a place again is up to their decision but just wanna say thank-you to you lovely people, all the best with your future :smile:
Original post by HippoRhino3

Im 2 marks off Bio :L - have you heard anything back yet (I'm assuming you sent for a remark)
I truly appreciated for everyone who helped me and answered my question, the appealed result came back yesterday and my economics overall mark went up by 8 marks and gone up to a B. whether or not my insurance will offer me a place again is up to their decision but just wanna say thank-you to you lovely people, all the best with your future :smile:

That's crazy how 8 marks were missed the first time round! Also what exam board were you with?
Original post by Jammyjo121
Im 2 marks off Bio :L - have you heard anything back yet (I'm assuming you sent for a remark)

literally nothing back, sent it on the day.
actually need 2 more marks in Chem and 1 in bio :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending