The Student Room Group

Results Day Problems

I received my A-Level results on Thursday. A, D, E which meant my firm and insurance was rejected. My goal was to take Paramedic Science degree but that seems impossible now. My alternative is to look at other health related courses. What does anyone suggest?
Original post by scienceishguy
I received my A-Level results on Thursday. A, D, E which meant my firm and insurance was rejected. My goal was to take Paramedic Science degree but that seems impossible now. My alternative is to look at other health related courses. What does anyone suggest?

You have lots of options. Your first consideration should likely be resits, but failing that, you have things like access courses or also similar roles such as EMT or ambulance technician roles. You certainly don't need to give up on this just yet.

Sorry to hear that your results weren't as expected but don't be discouraged as you do have a range of options available for you.

You could consider alternatives such as our Health and Social Care, FdA course https://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/fda_health_social_care.php. If there's a relevant boost in your performance at the end of the Foundation course, this may be a gateway to apply for Paramedic Practice or other health related courses.

Please have a scroll through our clearing webpage https://www.uclan.ac.uk/study_here/clearing/index.php to explore the Health courses we have on offer and feel free to give us a ring to discuss the options available for you.

Just drop me a message if you have any questions.

Jasmine.

Hi Scienceishguy,
You've done really well with your A, so don't give up if you feel paramedic science is what you want to do.
If you call our hotline on 024 76 791 791 someone there will be happy to talk through your options with you. We still currently have some places available on our paramedic science foundation programme, but I'm unable to access your application online, or tell you if your results will be eligible. Over the phone they'll be able to talk through things in detail and see how we can help.

There are plenty of options open to you though as others have pointed out though, so if you're heart is set on that course, don't let your current disappointment at not going to study where you were first hoping put you off.

- Josh (Social Media Team)

Quick Reply

Latest