The Student Room Group

Could you expand on the sheep mentality, why they do this?

I've been labelled as 'different' and 'weird' by other people because other people tell me about this. They even laugh at me when I seen them a few times.

I've been shy and quiet and also started uni later than others.

My football team members haven't bothered to say happy birthday on my Facebook timeline although I message them happy birthday on their Facebook timeline. They always do it to all the other team members expect me. I'm the nicest and kindest in the group.

This also goes to the community people.

1) on Facebook I say happy birthday to many people who I am acquaintances with and they haven't reciprocated back to me for 2 birthdays running.

1.5) same with liking my pics, posts even family members don't reciprocate back.

2) they don't bother acknowledging me and I'm the first one to shake their hands, say hi to them.

3) they gossip and spread rumours behind my back.

Are they just too shallow/weak?

Why do sheeps do this? Their mindset?
Reply 1
19/20 are natural followers and afraid to buck peer pressure if great enough. One needs courage and a non follower mentality to fly against it, a rare combination. Most social groups also seek a fool to bear the brunt of their jokes, it's a form of bullying. Find a different social group! Watch the TV movie Old Flames with Stephen Fry and Simon Callow. The fool resurfaces 20 yrs later to exact his revenge.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks.

So most of them are bullies?
Reply 3
Bump

Why do sheeps act like this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending