The Student Room Group

I need to make some changes, I want to make some right now.

I hate being stuck in a bad place, it feels like I hit rock bottom recently. Now I've spoken and gotten over things from the past I'm ready to move forward, what can I do RIGHT NOW to begin that process of rebuilding myself and becoming successful? I made a list of positive affirmations, I've meditated and listened to myself but I feel like there's something I need to do right now instead of waiting for an opportunity. Any ideas?
Reply 1
What are your aspirations for the future?
what are you good at or hope to be good at?
Reply 3
Read "Getting Things Done" by David Allen
Reply 4
Original post by jdijx
What are your aspirations for the future?

I really love art. I'm into music and I'm learning several instruments atm, I love photography, drawing and painting too but those are all oversaturated and there's no money for musicians. I'm not totally driven by money but I would love to be at a financial advantage and have it be stable. My realistic future prospects are along the lines of becoming a journalist, owning a restaurant, becoming a politician and becoming a motivational speaker. In the near future im off to university in 3 weeks! :smile:

Original post by AOA_
what are you good at or hope to be good at?

I'm good at playing Piano and guitar and I think I've written some good stuff but that's more a side thing since its a hobby and getting serious in music today is a bit of a joke. I'm fairly decent at drawing but I'm way better at painting. I'm also good at maths and economics.
Reply 5
Original post by Sinnoh
Read "Getting Things Done" by David Allen

The more I read and watch things the more I feel like I need to do something and get frustrated because I don't know where to begin... but I'll check that out
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I really love art. I'm into music and I'm learning several instruments atm, I love photography, drawing and painting too but those are all oversaturated and there's no money for musicians. I'm not totally driven by money but I would love to be at a financial advantage and have it be stable. My realistic future prospects are along the lines of becoming a journalist, owning a restaurant, becoming a politician and becoming a motivational speaker. In the near future im off to university in 3 weeks! :smile:

I'm good at playing Piano and guitar and I think I've written some good stuff but that's more a side thing since its a hobby and getting serious in music today is a bit of a joke. I'm fairly decent at drawing but I'm way better at painting. I'm also good at maths and economics.

Well then if you're so into music and you want to earn some money, you could do some busking. It gets you out and you'll probs benefit from it A LOT.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending