The Student Room Group

losing my virginity

I'm a girl and I'm losing my virginity really soon to my boyfriend. I finally feel ready and we have been dating for a while. he is a little bit older than me though (I'm 21, he's 30) and he's had sexual partners in the past. I know I should know this stuff but the truth is that I have never really been educated on this topic before. are you supposed to give oral whilst he wears a condom? also...... i can of course talk to him about these things but I'm not too sure how. how do i ask him about things related to STDs, especially as he's had sex before and I'm not entirely sure about his sexual past.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a girl and I'm losing my virginity really soon to my boyfriend. I finally feel ready and we have been dating for a while. he is a little bit older than me though (I'm 21, he's 30) and he's had sexual partners in the past. I know I should know this stuff but the truth is that I have never really been educated on this topic before. are you supposed to give oral whilst he wears a condom? also...... i can of course talk to him about these things but I'm not too sure how. how do i ask him about things related to STDs, especially as he's had sex before and I'm not entirely sure about his sexual past.

Firstly, DO NOT have sex with him until you have seen a copy of his test results. Ask him if he has been tested and if not ask him to get tested before you have sex. It's for your own safety. Just ask him "hey before we have sex I just wanted to know you're STD status. Have you been tested recently? If so please can I have a copy of your results and if not please get tested as I'm not prepared to risk myself." If he refuses to show you or get tested then that's a red flag and you shouldn't get any more involved with him.

Secondly, you aren't "supposed" to do anything in sex really. Do what you want to do and what you like.

You said yourself you aren't sex educated. Please educate yourself on sex before you do it. It will be much safer and nicer for you if you do your research beforehand.

Considering you said you aren't sex educated it suggests to me you aren't truly ready. How can you be ready to do something you don't have knowledge about? That would be like me saying I'm ready to sky dive without researching the process, or saying I'm ready to take my driving test without doing any lessons.
Am I the only one who laughed when she said a bit older than me, and then wrote 21 v 30.

seriously get him tested, just to be safe.
I would mention these things just before things start getting heated and start leading up to possibly having sex. It shouldn't be an awkward conversation and you can just straight up ask him questions and if he refuses to answer them, just remind him that you're asking only for your health benefit.

There is no right or wrong way to do things. I know many people give oral sex without the use of condoms, but if you would rather use one then that's up to you. But I would advise you use a flavoured one. I've heard normal condoms have a very awful taste to them.
He should wear a condom whilst penetrating but NO WAY should you give him oral sex whilst he wears a condom, no way. Generally, a blowjob is something which is used as foreplay, so that should come first before I puts on the condom, and then afterwards, he puts the condom on for penetration. Don't perform oral on him whilst/after he wears the condom because you'll have the taste of lube in your mouth which I suspect is unpleasant
Original post by xEmilyxx
I would mention these things just before things start getting heated and start leading up to possibly having sex. It shouldn't be an awkward conversation and you can just straight up ask him questions and if he refuses to answer them, just remind him that you're asking only for your health benefit.

There is no right or wrong way to do things. I know many people give oral sex without the use of condoms, but if you would rather use one then that's up to you. But I would advise you use a flavoured one. I've heard normal condoms have a very awful taste to them.

I'm just trying to imagine sucking someone's penis whilst the person is wearing a condom, a condom soaked in lube like omg that would taste horrible surely? :smile:
Original post by Elliott M
He should wear a condom whilst penetrating but NO WAY should you give him oral sex whilst he wears a condom, no way. Generally, a blowjob is something which is used as foreplay, so that should come first before I puts on the condom, and then afterwards, he puts the condom on for penetration. Don't perform oral on him whilst/after he wears the condom because you'll have the taste of lube in your mouth which I suspect is unpleasant

Unless she gives him head so good that he blows his load straight away.
Reply 7
Original post by Elliott M
I'm just trying to imagine sucking someone's penis whilst the person is wearing a condom, a condom soaked in lube like omg that would taste horrible surely? :smile:

Not if it’s flavoured :’)
Original post by Ebony55
Not if it’s flavoured :’)

Flavoured lube is still lube isn't it? idk
Reply 9
Discuss STD and decide where things are at. I haven't wanted to see STD test results in my relationships as I trusted the people. This said the only thing you can 100% believe are things you see with your own eyes. I've heard oral sex with a barrier is a thing. Can't imagine it's much good though. Basically life's a risk and in sex too your weigh up the hazards, put in place the controls you think necessary and do what you feel like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending