The Student Room Group

What top med schools could I get into with these grades?

GCSE:

A Level

A*A*A
There are no 'top' medical schools as such as everyone graduates with the same degree and everyone ends up working for the NHS so apply where you want to go.
Where you apply will be affected by your UKCAT/BMAT as well as grades. Some unis will specify a certain amount of A*'s and A's so have a think about that but your grades seem fine
Reply 2
You don't even need A*s at A-Level to get into Med School 3 As will get you, Med School will look at experience (such as volunteering in Hospitals), most of them I think wont even care whether you have A* or A
Original post by jxsoph
GCSE:

A Level

A*A*A

You really haven't achieved those Alevel yet so can't really say you wil get A*A*A. I know lots of people who think it is that easy but it's not. As for your question about top medical schools, well there aren't any. Each one is regulated by the GMC so the teaching is similar. It just depends on how your are taught (PBL, Integrated or Traditional etc). Plus, where you get a FY1 or FY2 job is completely upto your ranking at the end of Year 5 or 6 and depends on whether you intercalate (which gives you extra points) etc. For now, try to get some good work experience and volunteering sorted so you can use that in your Personal Statement and universities will look at that more than anything. Also, work on the UKCAT/BMAT if you want a good chance of being shortlisted for interview.
Reply 4
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
You really haven't achieved those Alevel yet so can't really say you wil get A*A*A. I know lots of people who think it is that easy but it's not. As for your question about top medical schools, well there aren't any. Each one is regulated by the GMC so the teaching is similar. It just depends on how your are taught (PBL, Integrated or Traditional etc). Plus, where you get a FY1 or FY2 job is completely upto your ranking at the end of Year 5 or 6 and depends on whether you intercalate (which gives you extra points) etc. For now, try to get some good work experience and volunteering sorted so you can use that in your Personal Statement and universities will look at that more than anything. Also, work on the UKCAT/BMAT if you want a good chance of being shortlisted for interview.

Kappa
Original post by jxsoph
Kappa

sshhhhh... :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending