The Student Room Group

English Literature at Cambridge- realistic for me????

Is it worth applying now (I have just started year 13) to Cambridge for English Lit with A Level predictions as follows-
English Lit- A*
History- A*
Biology- B
?!
or shall I wait until next year given that I might get an A in Biology? (if I get the 2A*s as well)
my gcses are okay, 2A* and 7As. i know a lot about the application process to oxbridge etc, i'm just wondering about my grades. i dont want to waste time and energy applying if it is a legitimate waste of time given the B prediction in Biology haha
You need minimum entrance requirements. If the B prediction can go up to an A, then apply but otherwise it's not worth it as you don't have minimum entrance requirements
Reply 2
Original post by AzureCeleste
You need minimum entrance requirements. If the B prediction can go up to an A, then apply but otherwise it's not worth it as you don't have minimum entrance requirements

do the 2A*s in humanities subjects not balance it out?
Original post by lcme2018

As far as I'm aware no.
Is it worth applying now (I have just started year 13) to Cambridge for English Lit with A Level predictions as follows-
English Lit- A*
History- A*
Biology- B
?!
or shall I wait until next year given that I might get an A in Biology? (if I get the 2A*s as well)
my gcses are okay, 2A* and 7As. i know a lot about the application process to oxbridge etc, i'm just wondering about my grades. i dont want to waste time and energy applying if it is a legitimate waste of time given the B prediction in Biology haha

You have to meet the requirements stated on the website, and possibly even exceed them. Oxbridge don't care if you're one mark off of an A or 100 marks off an A - if you don't reach the grades, you're not considered.
English Lit- A*
History- A*
Biology- B
?!

There's a thread in the Cambridge section where you can ask an admissions tutor directly.
Reply 6
A*s don't level out Bs - the entry requirement is A*AA, which means at least A* and two As, which A*A*B doesn't meet. I know because I'm considering the same (English Lit, at either Cambridge or Oxford), and my predicted grades are A*AB. I'm trying to get the B up to an A, I'd suggest you do the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending