The Student Room Group

Maintenance loans

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help. I am a student myself and support my son who is also a student entering his first year. I am a single parent and on a very low income. When I applied for student finance I entered my yearly income, however,there is a possibility that my partner will be moving in, will this affect my own and my sons maintenance loan as the amount that will be coming into the household will increase (although his income will remain his own!). Also, I have looked at the Ucas webpage and it states that a student's wage of full or part time does not count as income. I am a little confused as I was asked to state the household income when supporting my son’s application, but if this is the case, surely my wage (a student also) shouldn’t be included?.......Can anyone help?
Original post by newby1
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help. I am a student myself and support my son who is also a student entering his first year. I am a single parent and on a very low income. When I applied for student finance I entered my yearly income, however,there is a possibility that my partner will be moving in, will this affect my own and my sons maintenance loan as the amount that will be coming into the household will increase (although his income will remain his own!). Also, I have looked at the Ucas webpage and it states that a student's wage of full or part time does not count as income. I am a little confused as I was asked to state the household income when supporting my son’s application, but if this is the case, surely my wage (a student also) shouldn’t be included?.......Can anyone help?

hi there,

If your partner was to move into the household prior to the start of the academic year then we would need their income details for both applications. If they move in after this date then we would not need it until the following year.

Your income would be used to support your sons application only and not used for your own application.

Thanks Erin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending