The Student Room Group

Personal statement help! Not decided on uni course

Currently in my second year of a levels, and pressures to apply for Uni is rising, however i am still undecided on my uni course.
My plan is to defer the application to take a year for experience and to find what i actually enjoy.
However now writing my personal statement i am struggling writing about law, and how the skills aid to be a solicitor and how I have the skills needed (as thats mostly what the law degree is focused on) when thats not my overall goal.
Original post by elliiee16
Currently in my second year of a levels, and pressures to apply for Uni is rising, however i am still undecided on my uni course.
My plan is to defer the application to take a year for experience and to find what i actually enjoy.
However now writing my personal statement i am struggling writing about law, and how the skills aid to be a solicitor and how I have the skills needed (as thats mostly what the law degree is focused on) when thats not my overall goal.

If you’re deferring then don’t worry too much. Do your best for now and if you don’t get offers or decide that you aren’t interested in taking up any of your offers then withdraw your ucas application and reapply next year when you have your grades and have a better idea what you want to study.

Use this application as a practice run - don’t get too stressed about it because it’s not your proper application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending