The Student Room Group

Does she like me or just friendzone?

She asked me am I okay randomly while I was walking, she started the conversations every time(her girlfriend was there). She invited me to sit down next to her(her girlfriends were there). She asked me am I like her? She said aww I'm fit when I asked her, her girlfiend said Im soo cute and sweet but I think she didn't. I wasn't at school and she asked me where I am on insta. 17yrs old.
Original post by choppika
She asked me am I okay randomly while I was walking, she started the conversations every time(her girlfriend was there). She invited me to sit down next to her(her girlfriends were there). She asked me am I like her? She said aww I'm fit when I asked her, her girlfiend said Im soo cute and sweet but I think she didn't. I wasn't at school and she asked me where I am on insta. 17yrs old.

You're only a friend at this point but if you don't want to ask her out on a date because your not sure how she feels yet then you need to ask her if she likes you as more than a friend or get your mate to ask if she likes you like that Or you can ask her friend if she's interested in you as a boyfriend.
Or just grow some balls and tell her that you like her more than just a friend and would like to take her on a date and risk the rejection if she says no
Reply 2
As she Has a girlfriend I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say friendzone :smile:
Or you could ask her out on Instagram or whatever social media she's on as a lot of people ask each other out through that and those people had never met or been friends before. I even heard that someone asked a girl out on Twitter and they are now boyfriend /girlfriend and they never even knew each other before. I never knew you could ask anybody out on Twitter so that's new to me

Do you mean her girlfriend as in her friend who's a girl ?
Reply 5
I mean friend.
I mean friend.

Ok, because that other guy started to confuse me when he wrote it's her girlfriend then I thought maybe I misunderstood what you wrote or the joke he made just went completely over my head
I'd say give it another week or so and continue to see if she keeps talking to you in the same manner, and then just ask her on a date. At the end of the day, she might only see you as a friend, but if you don't ask you'll never know. A potentially great relationship is always worth the risk of asking and feeling a little awkward over.
Reply 8
And she put x,xx,xxx at the end of every message. I dont know what does it mean.
Reply 9
And she put x,xx,xxx at the end of every message. I dont know what does it mean.

Literally means nothing, it's just an X. Some girls do this quite often, they think they're being cute when doing it but the truth is they are sending it to everyone else too.

Girls are VERY confusing, I don't even understand them myself sometimes and I'm a girl.
They Flirt a lot and give confusing signals.
This is why it's important to ask her directly or through social media. There's no point waiting a week, it's best to get it out the way so you can stop worrying about it.
It's easier just to ask her through social media
Reply 11
And what do I need to do if she will say yes omg because I wanna ask her directly

Dude, I'm a girl and a lot of these are things that I'd say/do to a friend, regardless of gender. It's natural for her to be worried about you if you're friends, and it's probably a bit rash of you to jump to the conclusion that she's interested in you. If you want to ask her (because really, you're only going to find out from her) tell her someone said she likes you, and ask her if it's true - though if she does like you, she's probably likely to say no anyway.

I think guys are always pretty quick to assume girls that are being friendly and joking are flirting with them, even though (and seriously no offence intended) she probably just regards them as a really close friend that she feels comfortable enough to joke around with.

It might just be that, since you've started to have these concerns, she's noticed a change in how you act (maybe you're more distant than you used to be?) and that would explain why she's worried about where you are/if you're okay.

But, like I said, you've got to speak to her about it, as she's going to be the only one who can properly answer your question (and if she does like you and you find out from one of her friends instead, she'll be mad as hell about that).
Reply 13
When I was walking she asked me am I okay but we didn't know each other before so she started this whol thing.. and thats the reason why I think she likes me cuz there were other boys.
When I was walking she asked me am I okay but we didn't know each other before so she started this whol thing.. and thats the reason why I think she likes me cuz there were other boys.

Honestly, she could just be being nice. I'm in no way saying that she doesn't like you (she might) but I honestly don't know any girls that would be willing to go up to their crush and ask if he was okay, ESPECIALLY if there were other guys there.
Reply 15
Yeah but after it she asked me where im goin, what im doing in my spare time etc....
Reply 16

It means you should run.

She's trying to cast a spell on you. Watch yourself man.
Ask her if she’d like to get a coffee one day this week...

Girls are very confusing, you think they mean one thing but they mean something entirely different. So ask her out first thing Monday and if she says yes then I was wrong about her misleading you. Or just send her a message now on social media asking her to go for coffee and see what happens that way you can see how she reacts in person on Monday. Normally I'd always tell boys never to ask girls to go for coffee because sometimes girls confuse it by thinking that really just means going for coffee as friends then it gets awkward but I think it is easier to suggest this then you can tell her how you really feel and invite her out for a proper date afterwards.
If she says yes to coffee then you at least have half a chance to persuade her to go on another date

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending