The Student Room Group

Mature single parent UNI

Hi,

I am hoping to do ODP or paramedic science starting 2019.
I have a 2yr old and I’m a single parent.
I don’t have any support nearby to help with childcare and I am panicking about night shift placements. I have absolutely no one I can ask for help to stay with my child overnight. And then once qualified I will be doing shifts that will sometimes be night shifts, again I have the same dilemma. Does anyone have experience with this?

I am considering changing my course choice to something completely different that won’t involve night shifts but tbh the choices don’t really appeal to me.

Please help. I have to have everything decided buy January :/
Thanks in adavance
Original post by Kirtwy
Hi,

I am hoping to do ODP or paramedic science starting 2019.
I have a 2yr old and I’m a single parent.
I don’t have any support nearby to help with childcare and I am panicking about night shift placements. I have absolutely no one I can ask for help to stay with my child overnight. And then once qualified I will be doing shifts that will sometimes be night shifts, again I have the same dilemma. Does anyone have experience with this?

I am considering changing my course choice to something completely different that won’t involve night shifts but tbh the choices don’t really appeal to me.

Please help. I have to have everything decided buy January :/
Thanks in adavance

You will need to work out some way of getting childcare. Ask the uni what they can offer to help and see finance wise if you are able to get something from SFE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending