The Student Room Group

do they count my income within the household income for maintenance loans?

i will be a mature student when i go to uni in 2025 but still financially dependent on my mum. i was wondering how the maintenance loan will be calculated? does the household income include both mine and her incomes? or just hers?
Hi there. If you are over 25 years old and single, you will automatically be given the highest amount of the Maintenance Loan and no income details are required. If you are over 25 and have a partner, we would then use their income details to assess how much Maintenance Loan you are entitled to.
Thanks - David
Reply 2
Original post by David SLC
Hi there. If you are over 25 years old and single, you will automatically be given the highest amount of the Maintenance Loan and no income details are required. If you are over 25 and have a partner, we would then use their income details to assess how much Maintenance Loan you are entitled to.
Thanks - David

i will be under 25, i’ll only be 21 and still living with parents. so will they just use my parents’ income, and not mine?
Original post by kaxxxxc2
i will be under 25, i’ll only be 21 and still living with parents. so will they just use my parents’ income, and not mine?

Yes that's correct. In this case, we would use your parents income to assess your application. Thanks - David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending