The Student Room Group

UCL Bartlett Architecture Application 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chiiz
Right, just got back from my interview and I come bearing valuable information.

1. Dress code ain't a big deal (dont stress about it! wear what you want)
2. Dont JUST bring drawings/artwork, there's a reason why they mention in the email to bring other creative work. Even if its just a silly matchstick man you made in your room without second thought BRING IT IN. they like to see how you create
3. Don't rehearse your lines too much. The interviewer doesn't want to converse with a script
4. They like messy (apparently). Even if your sketchbooks aren't presentable...doesn't matter BRING IT IN
5. Some people I spoke to after said that their interview felt rushed. Just make sure you have something to stand out with. remember 400 other people have good art skills, you need a new USP
6.Relax

How many paragraphs was your personal statement form.?
Reply 101
Original post by Hamzacan
How many paragraphs was your personal statement form.?

It all fit on the page given. Calibri 11 font
Reply 102
I just got an email from Bartlett to send a portfolio, instead of invitation for the interview. Is this a bad thing? I live in Korea and I sent my task on November. I'm super anxious! Help!
Original post by Npk2500
I just got an email from Bartlett to send a portfolio, instead of invitation for the interview. Is this a bad thing? I live in Korea and I sent my task on November. I'm super anxious! Help!

If they want your portfolio it probably means the same as an interview (just less travel I'm guessing)? Lots of people received a rejection after sending the task. The interview is almost entirely about the portfolio anyway.

Has anyone who was interviewed on the 29th November heard back yet?
Reply 104
Original post by Npk2500

Its probably because there isnt an interview representative available in your area. Dont stress
Original post by Npk2500

I think I remember their website saying that they don't require interviews from overseas applicants, instead requesting portfolios. So you should be fine!
Heyy i got asked to write a personal statement as well but I’m very confused as to where and how to write it? Like do I print the form and write on it with pen on the bottom space available or do I write it online ??? PLEASE HELP!!!!
Original post by Npk2500

From what i’ve heard, most of the countries (i’m not quite sure which) in Asia will be invited for an interview at Singapore in February or if UCL’s interviewer goes to a country for a university fair then they’ll call you over.
Original post by lovely10
Heyy i got asked to write a personal statement as well but I’m very confused as to where and how to write it? Like do I print the form and write on it with pen on the bottom space available or do I write it online ??? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Type it on word document below personal statement form heading. I only wrote a paragraph..
Reply 109

Yeah, type it below your picture(copy and paste that in...just take a selfie or something). Probably don't go over to a new page though...I called and they said they only wanted you to write in the space given.
Reply 110
when's your interview again?
Reply 111
did anyone that sent the tasks for the january 7th deadline hear back from ucl? (other than their task being recieved)
Original post by Chiiz
when's your interview again?

6th February
Reply 113
6th February

Good luck! Don't forget to relax! I was stressed out, waaay too much.heh
Original post by Chiiz
Good luck! Don't forget to relax! I was stressed out, waaay too much.heh

Thank you!! I’ll try my best :smile:)
Reply 115
Need to submit my 5 A4's by 1st February and I'm dire with watercolours, does anyone know how much of another medium you can include with the prescribed one, because my paintings require a whole biros worth of ink over the top to even decipher what I'm painting.
Hey. May I know when you submitted your application? I submitted it on the 11th Jan and still haven't received the task till now.
has anybody who submitted their task november 28th got an interview yet?
Reply 118
Original post by olivia_shxxx
Hey. May I know when you submitted your application? I submitted it on the 11th Jan and still haven't received the task till now

I put my UCAS in on the 6th of Jan I believe and I got the task 2 days ago so don’t worry
Thanks! Good luck with your task!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending