The Student Room Group

Bristol 'OR' grade requirements

I'm applying for Engineering Mathematics at Bristol. It's one of the courses that has 2 grade requirements stated on the website, AAA or A*AB. I am taking a gap year with a prediction of A*A*B (I'm not retaking the A-level I got a B in.) Does this make me eligible for the second offer? Furthermore, if I am given an offer of AAA will they accept A*AB given that they state that on their website?
Reply 1
Original post by supalape
I'm applying for Engineering Mathematics at Bristol. It's one of the courses that has 2 grade requirements stated on the website, AAA or A*AB. I am taking a gap year with a prediction of A*A*B (I'm not retaking the A-level I got a B in.) Does this make me eligible for the second offer? Furthermore, if I am given an offer of AAA will they accept A*AB given that they state that on their website?

Why would they give you an offer of AAA if you aren't retaking the B?
Reply 2
Original post by hanley9
Why would they give you an offer of AAA if you aren't retaking the B?

I don’t know, I just want to clarify because I’m slightly nervous about it.
Reply 3
I don’t know, I just want to clarify because I’m slightly nervous about it.

I imagine they might make you an offer of A*AB. Why didn't you retake the B?
They wont make you an offer at all (technically) (conditional offers are given to people without results)they will make you an unconditional offer if they decide to give you a place because you already have results. And if you have a decent P.S. more then likely they will, your a secured student for them that meets their own (not low) criteria. I personally don't think you have any reason not to get a place.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by hanley9
I imagine they might make you an offer of A*AB. Why didn't you retake the B?

I got AAB, was very close to A*A* in maths and fmaths (89 UMS avg in both). I did not want to retake Physics as I struggled enough just to get a B the first time.
Reply 6
Original post by Realitysreflexx
They wont make you an offer at all (technically) (conditional offers are given to people without results)they will make you an unconditional offer if they decide to give you a place because you already have results. And if you have a decent P.S. more then likely they will, your a secured student for them that meets their own (not low) criteria. I personally don't think you have any reason not to get a place.

When you say people without results, does this mean they won’t give me a place based upon my new set of results? I don’t meet the requirements yet (I have AAB).
Reply 7

Simply ask them before you apply. You won't get a conditional offer unless you are resitting anyway - it would be unconditional, or a rejection.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending