The Student Room Group

Should I break up before going to uni?

First of all, I've been planning to move abroad to study for a long time. My plan was to start this year, but I delayed my place for one year and have an unconditional offer for September 2019.

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 6 months, and he knows about my plans to move to the UK. We have a lot of fun together, but realistically, I don't think our relationship could last as I'm going to live in the UK for 3-5 years. He also says that he wants to move abroad with me, but I am really uncertain about it. I don't think we have enough in common or are the perfect match for each other, and I wouldn't risk moving abroad with him only to discover that we're really not.

Now I feel kind of sad even though it's 12 months ahead. I really like spending time with him, but I also find this studying abroad adventure to be kind of a solo-project. What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think we have enough in common or are the perfect match for each other, and I wouldn't risk moving abroad with him only to discover that we're really not.

If that's what your gut is telling you, then you should listen to it.

What does he plan on doing in the UK? If he's not studying or working, then it's not going to work out anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending