The Student Room Group

Alevel psychology

Please help me with my homework! I've just recently started psychology for alevels.
What is randomisation?
What is the difference between demand characteristics and investigator effects?
Thank youuu.
Hi,

I studied psychology last year and got an A! (My favourite subject!).

Randomisation is the use of chance in order to control the effects of bias when designing materials and designing the order of conditions.

Demand characteristics- refers to when PARTICIPANTS behaviour in the study changes (usually because they know they are being observed).

Investigator effects-when the RESEARCHERS behaviour changes (usually because they want the participants to find out the AIM of the study):smile:

Ha i still remember this I'm so proud:smile:

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. (It'll help to refresh my memory too:smile:!)

And don't worry I hated the first topic (research methods) but don't worry Psychology is not all about research methods-it does get more interesting,I promise you!!!!
Reply 2
Original post by Alisha999
Hi,

I studied psychology last year and got an A! (My favourite subject!).

Randomisation is the use of chance in order to control the effects of bias when designing materials and designing the order of conditions.

Demand characteristics- refers to when PARTICIPANTS behaviour in the study changes (usually because they know they are being observed).

Investigator effects-when the RESEARCHERS behaviour changes (usually because they want the participants to find out the AIM of the study):smile:

Ha i still remember this I'm so proud:smile:

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. (It'll help to refresh my memory too:smile:!)

And don't worry I hated the first topic (research methods) but don't worry Psychology is not all about research methods-it does get more interesting,I promise you!!!!

Thank you soooo much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending