The Student Room Group

Did you meet your partner unexpectedly? tell me you story :)

love reading things like that

Scroll to see replies

tell me your story, if u have one(:
I met my left hand when it decided to fulfil my inner desires.
Original post by roseprincessx
tell me your story, if u have one(:

im yet to meet the right person lol
I met my ex through social media but it wasnt a dating site so I guess that was unexpected but im talking about real life like at a flower shop or something :tongue:
Original post by Secretnerd123
im yet to meet the right person lol
I met my ex through social media but it wasnt a dating site so I guess that was unexpected but im talking about real life like at a flower shop or something :tongue:

ohhh :tongue:
well I was on the tube last week, and this baby kept smiling at me and that honestly made my day :smile: like you just feel beautiful
I’ve started writing poetry recently, and I never thought anyone would acknowledge my work but some are x I want to write a poetry book in future one day ahaha

girll you can do better than ur ex and lmao same I’m waiting for him
Reply 5
We met online on a forum, January I'd last year we were always talking in the live chats and on the boards and around the start of October he asked me if I wanted to make posters for college together, added me on facebook and WhatsApp, talked, got together on the 13th of October and met for real on the 20th when he came down here and we had our first date at Asda and our first kiss later that night and we've been dating ever since.

Never did get around to making those posters 😂
I was on holiday and met him at the zoo, we just clicked straight away, as if we had known each other years. Over a year later and we're going strong long distance. :smile:
Reply 7
I'm married to the job.
Reply 8
Sort of? We met at a party. I was completely wasted, to the point where I couldn't even walk anymore. He took care of me, which I thought was super sweet.
Original post by DrawTheLine
I was on holiday and met him at the zoo, we just clicked straight away, as if we had known each other years. Over a year later and we're going strong long distance. :smile:

awww!! where are you both from?
awww!! where are you both from?

I'm from the UK, he's from America.
Original post by roseprincessx
ohhh :tongue:
well I was on the tube last week, and this baby kept smiling at me and that honestly made my day :smile: like you just feel beautiful
I’ve started writing poetry recently, and I never thought anyone would acknowledge my work but some are x I want to write a poetry book in future one day ahaha

girll you can do better than ur ex and lmao same I’m waiting for him

lol what has the baby and poetry got to do with this thread? Im a lil confused :tongue:

yeah i can and will! (God willing)
Original post by gjd800
I'm married to the job.

must suck
Reply 13
must suck

It would if I disliked what I do!

Will settle down eventually. All very new atm and that brings with it lots of issues, of course.
So I met him at a party by a mutual friend and he had another girlfriend, so I didn't think anything of it. Two years later I move schools and there's this guy who's asked me for help with his maths A level. Turns out that this guy was a recent friends ex and so I only went in with the intension of tutoring him. Six months in he declares that he has feelings for me, to which I turned him down (because 'sister code' ya know?). Three more times with him asking me out (and me turning him down) over the next month, going for walks around the lake and just having a good time together I start to fall for him. So I ask my friend whether she minds and after asking multiple times she is adamant that she doesn't mind, and the forth time he asked me out I said yes. Now we've been together for a year and a half and hopefully many more ^.^
P.s. his original ex and I are really good friends and she is currently super happy in a relationship
Posted something random on yik yak (remember that?). He replied and we started chatting, which in my town just meant asking people what subjects they were doing and where they were living. It turned out that we were in the same tutorial class of about 8 people, even though we'd never spoken to each other before, (and I'd seen him around campus and though he was really cute and interesting). We were both kinda lonely and struggling with making friends so we agreed to sit together in the next class. Our 3 year anniversary is next month <3
Original post by abc987654321
So I met him at a party by a mutual friend and he had another girlfriend, so I didn't think anything of it. Two years later I move schools and there's this guy who's asked me for help with his maths A level. Turns out that this guy was a recent friends ex and so I only went in with the intension of tutoring him. Six months in he declares that he has feelings for me, to which I turned him down (because 'sister code' ya know?). Three more times with him asking me out (and me turning him down) over the next month, going for walks around the lake and just having a good time together I start to fall for him. So I ask my friend whether she minds and after asking multiple times she is adamant that she doesn't mind, and the forth time he asked me out I said yes. Now we've been together for a year and a half and hopefully many more ^.^
P.s. his original ex and I are really good friends and she is currently super happy in a relationship

really love that you stuck with girl code :smile:
lol what has the baby and poetry got to do with this thread? Im a lil confused :tongue:

yeah i can and will! (God willing)

Ameen girl :tongue: and OMG I thought you meant good things happening to you lmao I’m an idiot
Original post by Frigateer
Posted something random on yik yak (remember that?). He replied and we started chatting, which in my town just meant asking people what subjects they were doing and where they were living. It turned out that we were in the same tutorial class of about 8 people, even though we'd never spoken to each other before, (and I'd seen him around campus and though he was really cute and interesting). We were both kinda lonely and struggling with making friends so we agreed to sit together in the next class. Our 3 year anniversary is next month <3

love this!!
really love that you stuck with girl code :smile:

haha thank you, although looking back I'm not too sure what I would have done if she hadn't given me the go-ahead :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending