The Student Room Group

How long do you wait to meet someone online?

Not for hookups, for relationships / long term dating.

I think 2-3 weeks, but I know that’s longer than what most people think.

I normally talk online for a few weeks and because I got to know them better I was able to connect with them easily on the date. If you talk for a few days you’re more likely to have an awkward date.

Idk, I think I’m alone in waiting so long so curious what the norm is.
Reply 1
2-3 weeks is far too long, the clock is ticking and there's lots of guys messaging her at once so she could easily lose interest.

My target is usually within 10 messages, whether that's within the first day or over a few days then that's fine. Thinking back to all my dates in the past, a date was arranged within a few days of talking.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
2-3 weeks is far too long, the clock is ticking and there's lots of guys messaging her at once so she could easily lose interest.

My target is usually within 10 messages, whether that's within the first day or over a few days then that's fine. Thinking back to all my dates in the past, a date was arranged within a few days of talking.

So how do you know if you have things in common or know they’re someone you’ll want to spend a whole night talking to from a few messages?
Or do you not know and just go with it.
Reply 3
Original post by Sarah04H
So how do you know if you have things in common or know they’re someone you’ll want to spend a whole night talking to from a few messages?
Or do you not know and just go with it.

That's what the first date is for, finding out if you're compatible with them and common interests. I get a little idea of what they're like within the first few messages and their profile says what they like to do anyway.

A long time ago I made the mistake of sending paragraphs of texts to this one girl non stop for like 3 days, knew so much about her but the date was terrible because there wasn't anything else to talk about lol. She was just way too serious in real life as over text, I should have guessed from the texts she was sending me
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending