The Student Room Group

Why can’t i find a boyfriend ???

Hi I’m Alex I’m 20 Years old I have ADHD and Basically Can’t find the right boy/guy for me so what should I do I’ve tried dating apps and all that jazz still not working out I’ve nearly gave up hope.......
Adhd m8... if you're using that as an excuse, no wonder you're asking us. Just approach like you normally would
Reply 2
What
Reply 3
🤔🤔🤔🤔😢
Original post by A.D 19
Hi I’m Alex I’m 20 Years old I have ADHD and Basically Can’t find the right boy/guy for me so what should I do I’ve tried dating apps and all that jazz still not working out I’ve nearly gave up hope.......

Are you overweight? What’s your body type? How would you rate your facial features and overall attractiveness?
However annoying it may sound i think you just have to wait for things to happen. Ur so young have fun and the right person will come along eventually :smile:
Don't worry, you're still very young.

Relax, have fun, enjoy life, do things that make you happy.

You could do online dating-yes I know you said you tried dating apps (tinder, plenty of fish, eharmony), go to speed dating events, meeting men through social clubs, going to the bar, meeting men through education, through work, through your network and just by going out and putting yourself out there.
(edited 5 years ago)
How bad is your ADD? I have it but not too severely but it still affects me and my relationships whether they be friends or S.O's

Generally, I find it's harder to get together with someone who is 'neurotypical', partially due to that person just not being able to understand what it's like. Is this what you struggle with?
Original post by BowlOfFruit
How bad is your ADD? I have it but not too severely but it still affects me and my relationships whether they be friends or S.O's

Generally, I find it's harder to get together with someone who is 'neurotypical', partially due to that person just not being able to understand what it's like. Is this what you struggle with?

If you don't mind me asking, are you in a relationship at the moment? How do you make it work out? I'm struggling with my boyfriend and we both have ADHD
Original post by Trust Orang
"Why am I single?", the flow chart.

Are you fat? Yes --> That's why you're single.
No
I
I
\/
Dunno then tbh lol.

you are a very stupid individual, your broadband provider should do the world a favour and not provide you with wifi or 4g
Original post by im_diddily_done
you are a very stupid individual, your broadband provider should do the world a favour and not provide you with wifi or 4g

This is my favourite internet insult of all time. I choked on my apple and I'm still giggling while I write this. 10/10 would be virtually insulted again.
"Why am I single?", the flow chart.

Are you fat? Yes --> That's why you're single.
No
I
I
\/
Dunno then tbh lol.

Jesus. You can’t go round saying things like that, seriously offensive mate.
Original post by Konnie13
Jesus. You can’t go round saying things like that, seriously offensive mate.

So what's the problem, specifically I mean?
So what's the problem, specifically I mean?

Just because someone is overweight, doesn’t mean they’re undateable.
Original post by Konnie13
Just because someone is overweight, doesn’t mean they’re undateable.

But all other things being equal, being overweight is, for the majority of people, considered unattractive. Isn't that true?

I would be willing to go on the record saying being fat is not attractive as a general rule. I'm not talking about a little chub, I mean genuinely into the realms of unhealthiness. It's the same for emaciated people too, it's not attractive because it looks unhealthy.
When did this thread turn into a debate about the attractiveness of fat people? IMO I'd rather have someone with a bit of chub who actually enjoys life than someone who spends their entire existence in the gym.

OP, I'm in the exact same boat as you right down to the age and name. It's cliche, but you gotta be happy in your own skin before you can be with someone. Being a happier person makes you more dateable.
Alternately, join a few societies or go out with some friends to a club or something. If you already do that, then try something different. What you're currently doing isn't working, so change it up. Even if it's just getting a new haircut.
don't gay people just go to the gay bar and have butt s*x with like 5 dudes in a night, and spread some good ol STDs?
Original post by Anonymous
don't gay people just go to the gay bar and have butt s*x with like 5 dudes in a night, and spread some good ol STDs?

unless you're talking about yourself.
Original post by A.D 19
I know this situation, because I do it (also have ADD and am autistic) too.

What you're doing is writing yourself off and therefore (maybe subconsciously) acting in a way that sabotages your attempts to engage someone's interest.

Describe yourself. What do you do? What kind of person do you want to be with? Have you met anyone you like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending