The Student Room Group

Traditional but cute boy names

I’m expecting a baby boy early 2019 and can’t decide on a name. I like quite ‘traditional but cute’ names like Harry/ Alfie. I like names with cute nicknames so any ideas of long names with nice nicknames will definitely be considered. Eg) Oliver nn Olly. But some of these are just a bit too popular at the moment. Do you have any suggestions of similar names? Ideally not ridiculously popular but not unheard of either. But I’ll accept any ideas. Thank you! Harry, Alfie, Olly, Freddie... etc.
Reply 1
Oliver is a good way to go.
Reply 2
Gabriel.
Don't see many people called Tim these days, except Tim Peake and Tim Vine. Timmy as his childhood name :smile:
Alfie or timothy
Reply 5
Gaylord....has lots of cute nicknames eg. gay, gaybie (when he's little), gayboi, and my personal favorite, Ha Gaaaaaaay (has a nice Vietnamese ring to it)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I’m expecting a baby boy early 2019 and can’t decide on a name. I like quite ‘traditional but cute’ names like Harry/ Alfie. I like names with cute nicknames so any ideas of long names with nice nicknames will definitely be considered. Eg) Oliver nn Olly. But some of these are just a bit too popular at the moment. Do you have any suggestions of similar names? Ideally not ridiculously popular but not unheard of either. But I’ll accept any ideas. Thank you! Harry, Alfie, Olly, Freddie... etc.
Nebuchadnezzar.
Tiggy is the most popular posh boy's name according to Jennifer's Diary.
I personally love Oscar, Noah and Dave. I like Oliver too.

You don't have to decide on a name now, you can have a shortlist and wait and see what he looks like when he's born.
Muhammad. Very traditional.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending