The Student Room Group

Is the NISSAN JUKE a good first car and if so which model is best?

I'm 23 and I've just passed my driving test and I'm looking to settle on a car of my choice. I've been lusting after the Nissan Juke for the past year and I love everything about it. I don't like small cars but it's a perfect SUV size for me (I've driven a friend of mine). Is the Tekna series better than the Acenta series? I'm looking to get a used one from between 2013 - 2016 with a good budget of £8500. Can anyone give me a rundown specs of both models compare and contrast wise please and thank you x
Reply 1
The juke is one of the worst cars I’ve ever witnessed. Despite being a SUV the inside is ugly, cramped and poorly constructed.

Please do not get a Juke, that car is a laughing stock if you go to any car enthusiastic forum / page
You mean the Nissan JOKE? No. Some claim it's fun to drive, but the interior space to footprint ratio is just poor, as I found out when I had the "priviledge" to sit in the back of one. Not to mention it's hella ugly. Save money and get a proper hatchback that hasn't been artificially lifted for "style".
Ive never had one myself, but i love them. I think they are great. As a nissan owner, i can say nissans are usually reliable. Im not sure which model is which though on the juke, but a quick search of the internet will soon clarify that.
The Tekna is the higher trim model. However, IMO I wouldn't recommend a Juke. Look at the Qashqai instead.

Do any insurance quotes on the car before buying it.

Here's a comparison of the trim levels: https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/nissan/qashqai/acenta-premium
Reply 6
We have a FWD 1.2 turbo six speed one at work. I'm 6ft3 and fit in it, although I don't think anyone bigger than a child would be able to comfortably sit behind me and it is cramped considering that it's not that small of a car overall.

I find it really fun to drive, although the gear stick is a bit weird. Too long with too small of a gate. Interior build quality is awful. My old Passat, which was 15 years older than this Juke, was absolutely miles ahead in interior build quality and materials. The head unit/sat nav looks outdated and the system they've built on is horribly unintutive to use.

That said it has been very reliable and the only non-maintenance item it's needed in 60,000 miles is a new battery (to the tune of a couple of hundred quid because of the start-stop system).
Reply 7
Original post by nathan7278
I personally would go for something a little bit smaller, like a Volkswagen Polo or a Toyota Yaris.

The Nissan Juke just seems a little bit too big.

They really aren't that big. They're smaller than a Golf or Focus, and only slightly bigger than the cars you mentioned.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending