The Student Room Group

Armed Forces and hearing problems

Hi,

I currently wear hearing aids but my hearing has been improving after having an operation. I've always wanted to serve in the armed forces desperately but have always known that it's highly unlikely. I was just wondering whether anyone knows if hearing is an automatic bar in every role in every case? I'm particularly interested in either applying to be a warfare officer in the royal navy or an intelligence officer in the RAF.

Thank you
Original post by fjthur
Hi,

I currently wear hearing aids but my hearing has been improving after having an operation. I've always wanted to serve in the armed forces desperately but have always known that it's highly unlikely. I was just wondering whether anyone knows if hearing is an automatic bar in every role in every case? I'm particularly interested in either applying to be a warfare officer in the royal navy or an intelligence officer in the RAF.

Thank you

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/457671/response/1101664/attach/3/20171215%20JSP%20950%20Part%201%20Lft%206%207%207%20V1.2%20Dec%2017.pdf

JSP 950 lays down the medical standards for service in all 3 Services. Annex D is probably what you want.

Quick Reply

Latest