The Student Room Group

Lost college dropout

I'm 21, I've dropped out of a business degree hated it.. would not go back, it's just maths, stats, accounting and economics.. it's not for me.

I don't know what I'm going to do.. I don't fancy starting over in college at 22 surrounded by 18 year olds, not to mention what would I study? Arts (liberal) isn't worth the paper it's written on.. I don't want to go in STEM, Business..

I've high intentions.. I want to do so much more than I am. I've a job (factory) lined up for the mean time but I've no intention of staying in it indefinitely..

I want to eventually own my own business(s)..
Whatever I go into..

My best subjects were English, Biology and Geography.

I don't know what that leaves me with. I'm good at writing debates, speeches and what not.
I was thinking of marketing but I just find it so shady selling an addiction, here start gambling.. 'wrinkles?' you need this!.. it's just creating a need and selling a product to fill it, by whatever means necessary.

So where does that leave me? No degree, no direction..
Reply 1
You dont even need GCSEs to own your own business
You could start your own business.

If your inclined to go back to uni you could study a degree online with the open university.

There's also IT development related work where you just need your own portfolio of projects.
Reply 3
Original post by jj242
You dont even need GCSEs to own your own business

I'm aware.. and?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending