The Student Room Group

should I go to university this Year

Hi so I want to start off with what I want to do, for some years I have been into doing architecture since I've left high school (2014) I have looked at what I would want to do as a job for the rest of my life. I left school with no GCSE so already this is harder for me to get into uni or a course that is better then what I went onto doing anyway, which was a Bricklaying course at college (3 Year course) I did this course for its Level 3 qualification without taking any breaks after and to have a think about what my next step should be I went onto doing a part-time HNC in construction and the built environment course at college again, this time having to pay for the course with my student finance ( Used 2 years of student finance already)Now I want to go to University to finally study architecture, if I somehow get accepted, without doubt, I will be grateful as hell but also not having the right grades for the course I fear that I will fall behind on the work. Now please bear with me on this, I'm also now applying for Level 2 Math and English at college again whilst I'm doing my HNC so until I finish it I hopefully pass both making it easier my University course.but let's say that I don't get into University for next year I don't know what I want to do work wise or career wise as well, I know architecture is something that I see myself doing in the future, If architecture isn't the right path for me then I don't know what I could do to as another career path.Most readers probably thinking I'm just chatting s*** but if you have any input it might help me out. Thank you
Original post by Saifan Rashid
Hi so I want to start off with what I want to do, for some years I have been into doing architecture since I've left high school (2014) I have looked at what I would want to do as a job for the rest of my life. I left school with no GCSE so already this is harder for me to get into uni or a course that is better then what I went onto doing anyway, which was a Bricklaying course at college (3 Year course) I did this course for its Level 3 qualification without taking any breaks after and to have a think about what my next step should be I went onto doing a part-time HNC in construction and the built environment course at college again, this time having to pay for the course with my student finance ( Used 2 years of student finance already)Now I want to go to University to finally study architecture, if I somehow get accepted, without doubt, I will be grateful as hell but also not having the right grades for the course I fear that I will fall behind on the work. Now please bear with me on this, I'm also now applying for Level 2 Math and English at college again whilst I'm doing my HNC so until I finish it I hopefully pass both making it easier my University course.but let's say that I don't get into University for next year I don't know what I want to do work wise or career wise as well, I know architecture is something that I see myself doing in the future, If architecture isn't the right path for me then I don't know what I could do to as another career path.Most readers probably thinking I'm just chatting s*** but if you have any input it might help me out. Thank you

Have you used 2 full years student finance or does it amount to one year because its part time?
Have to say it seems a bit mind boggling in the way you have gone about this if architecture is your aim.
What grades have you been getting for your HNC?

You will need to look up architecture courses and see what they want as entrance and whether you qualification is sufficient.

You really need level 3 qualifications, BTEC, IB , A levels for uni entry. They may consider the HNC, but you may not have enough finance left.

You should have done it in the order of E+M , then Access course or level 3 BTEC/A level.

You might be better off as a bricklayer. More money.

https://www.architecture.com/education-cpd-and-careers/how-to-become-an-architect
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/after-gcses/find-career-ideas/explore-jobs/job-profile/architect
http://www.studentworldonline.com/article/3-steps-to-become-an-architect-in-the-uk/462/

You can start looking at this to id courses and then what grades you will need.

https://digital.ucas.com/search/results?SearchText=architecture&ProviderText=&SubjectText=&AutoSuggestType=

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending