The Student Room Group

Bf seems uninterested

It's almost been a year and idk why he seems less and less interested. It might be because he's busy with university and things, but even when he's free he doesn't seem bothered to talk. I go out of my way to make sure we can talk whereas he takes hours to reply. Do you guys think he's less interested or am I just being paranoid?Thank you x

Scroll to see replies

Ask him about it.
Reply 2
Original post by sinfonietta
Ask him about it.

I pretty much did but I'm not sure he understood or just disregarded how I'm feeling. He's usually great at understanding my mood over text so idk why he didn't get what I told him
if he's not bothered then I doubt he will disinterested if you leave.

save him and yourself the time and find someone who actually wants to be around you.
Original post by fzm010101
I pretty much did but I'm not sure he understood or just disregarded how I'm feeling. He's usually great at understanding my mood over text so idk why he didn't get what I told him

Talk to him again about it and ask if he's taking it in and understanding it.
Reply 5
Original post by I'mComingOxford
if he's not bothered then I doubt he will disinterested if you leave.

save him and yourself the time and find someone who actually wants to be around you.

That's the thing, I don't know if he doesn't get what I'm trying to say (English isn't his first language) or he genuinely doesn't care. I was talking about a future and he kept giving one-word responses, which is unlike him. When I mentioned it, it seemed like nothing to him. It sounds like I'm over reacting right?
Reply 6
Original post by DrawTheLine
Talk to him again about it and ask if he's taking it in and understanding it.

I tried subtly as I don't want to offend/upset him but I want him to know how neglected I feel right. How can I?
That's the thing, I don't know if he doesn't get what I'm trying to say (English isn't his first language) or he genuinely doesn't care. I was talking about a future and he kept giving one-word responses, which is unlike him. When I mentioned it, it seemed like nothing to him. It sounds like I'm over reacting right?

The opposite. It sounds like he's under-reacting = not interested.

I'd suggest trying again. Be blunt rather than speaking about the future. Find out if he's even still interested in being with you now.
I tried subtly as I don't want to offend/upset him but I want him to know how neglected I feel right. How can I?

Talk to him. That's all you can do.
Reply 9
Original post by sinfonietta
The opposite. It sounds like he's under-reacting = not interested.

I'd suggest trying again. Be blunt rather than speaking about the future. Find out if he's even still interested in being with you now.

Sorry, I meant our future**

Whenever we talk he tells me how much he loves me etc, but the thing is we barely talk/see each other, and whenever we talk he's always busy with other stuff at the same time, so I feel ignored and stuff.

I'll trya again, thank you x
Reply 10
Original post by DrawTheLine
Talk to him. That's all you can do.

Will do.

Thank you x
Reply 11
Update: I spoke to him about it and he said that when he's with his friends he'd rather talk to them instead of me. I told him how terrible that makes me feel and he apologised but idk where to go from here.
Reply 12
He then went on to reply slowly so was that all a load of bs? I'm sorry I really need help
How is he when you are together in real life? Is he fulliy focused on you then? How often do you meet up and how long do you stay together when you do?
Reply 14
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
How is he when you are together in real life? Is he fulliy focused on you then? How often do you meet up and how long do you stay together when you do?

He's very sweet irl, but the problem is that we barely see each other. I worry about how things will be once we go to university - he said everything will be fine, but his behaviour makes me unsure.
It's almost been a year and idk why he seems less and less interested. It might be because he's busy with university and things, but even when he's free he doesn't seem bothered to talk. I go out of my way to make sure we can talk whereas he takes hours to reply. Do you guys think he's less interested or am I just being paranoid?Thank you x

look, Jesus' disciple here, he could be busy with uni but if he truly liked u hed make the effort to talk to u and spend time with u
He's very sweet irl, but the problem is that we barely see each other. I worry about how things will be once we go to university - he said everything will be fine, but his behaviour makes me unsure.

Sounds to me like he is losing interest.
Reply 17
Original post by jesusliveson
look, Jesus' disciple here, he could be busy with uni but if he truly liked u hed make the effort to talk to u and spend time with u

That's how I feel, but he thinks talking to his friends is more important but he knows that I think this is taking a toll on us.
Reply 18
(Original post by Rock Fan)Sounds to me like he is losing interest.
Why do you think so?
The barely seeing each other doesn't sound good. Especially of you go to the same school or live in the same town or city.

Don't worry about what will happen when you both go to uni. Chances are, your relationship won't last till the end of the first semester. It might even end before you go to uni.
You will have the opportunity to meet plenty of eligible young men at uni. Grab that opportunity with both hands. This time next year you will probably be with a different boyfriend. One that is more suited to you than the current one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending