The Student Room Group

Why do friends not like me anymore?

I’ve noticed a pattern- old friends start to dislike me after a while. They never like my posts even when i likes theirs, I’ve noticed that old friends don’t bother to stay in contact with me. I’ve grown more confident in the last few years, I’m not a jealous person and always feel happy for people when they’re doing well. My family on the whole are not jealous at all, maybe it’s a genetic thing? But when I say to others about this thing with friends they think I’m over thinking- it’s not that i over think and i don’t let it bog me down day to day- just when I randomly realise.

In general I don’t think I’m a bad person, I’m hyper and always the funny friend of the group wherever I go. I try to do the most morally right things, if I make mistakes that hurt people I never do it intentionally. So I don’t think I’ve offended anyone. I don’t understand, I have certain friends who like everything I do and are encouraging of what I want to achieve- but others seem uninterested in deep thoughts or making their lives better. I worry that I might wear people out/ bore them over time.

I’m kind of tired of making more effort with people who don’t reciprocate it back. So I decided to move on and stop making effort with old friends who no longer bother to text me.

Any opinions please :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve noticed a pattern- old friends start to dislike me after a while. They never like my posts even when i likes theirs, I’ve noticed that old friends don’t bother to stay in contact with me. I’ve grown more confident in the last few years, I’m not a jealous person and always feel happy for people when they’re doing well. My family on the whole are not jealous at all, maybe it’s a genetic thing? But when I say to others about this thing with friends they think I’m over thinking- it’s not that i over think and i don’t let it bog me down day to day- just when I randomly realise.

In general I don’t think I’m a bad person, I’m hyper and always the funny friend of the group wherever I go. I try to do the most morally right things, if I make mistakes that hurt people I never do it intentionally. So I don’t think I’ve offended anyone. I don’t understand, I have certain friends who like everything I do and are encouraging of what I want to achieve- but others seem uninterested in deep thoughts or making their lives better. I worry that I might wear people out/ bore them over time.

I’m kind of tired of making more effort with people who don’t reciprocate it back. So I decided to move on and stop making effort with old friends who no longer bother to text me.

Any opinions please :smile:

it doesnt matter. it happens,and theres no point stressing over people who dont make the effort.your job isnt to entertain others , focus on yourself.keep your certain friends and yh.the other 'friends' well you could choose to call them your friends whilst treating them the exact same way,some people get bored/use others , it happens,theres no point mulling over why they distanced because it doesnt matter . Although i did that,and turns out im a loner, the thing is tho i feel more at peace then talking to/being ''friends'' with people who didnt match my vibe ( eg , ppl who lie,steal, and people who acted like they were forced to converse - dry ,only reply never talk first ygm)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending