The Student Room Group

When will my conditional change to an unconditional

Manchester metropolitan offered me a conditional but on my ucas they stated we ‘may be able to make this offer unconditional’ and to refer to the offer letter for more details. But when i checked the offer letter it still said conditional and didn’t mention an unconditional. So i rang the admissions line and they said that the unconditional letters will be sent out after the conditionals. But does anyone know how long it will take to be sent? And do I actually have an unconditional yet or is it just a chance? Like I’m guessing they may give me an unconditional based on me placing them as the firm choice but I’m having doubts that they will give me an unconditional now.

I also checked my friends ucas and she only had a conditional with grade requirements and didn't have any mention of an unconditional. So mine was definately different.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
I checked my friends ucas and hers only mentioned the grade requirements and didn't mention anything about an unconditional and when i rang admissions they asked for my ucas number to see my offer and they didn't mention it was condtional?
Your current offer still sounds conditional but they might be making you an “unconditional if Firm” offer shortly. I’d wait 10 working days since you last spoke to them and then get in touch again to see when you’re likely to hear more. There’s really no need to rush at this stage so don’t panic.
They’re unlikely to make changes until they know that they’re desperate for more applicants in the new year.
Original post by Ayesha.bh
Manchester metropolitan offered me a conditional but on my ucas they stated we ‘may be able to make this offer unconditional’ and to refer to the offer letter for more details. But when i checked the offer letter it still said conditional and didn’t mention an unconditional. So i rang the admissions line and they said that the unconditional letters will be sent out after the conditionals. But does anyone know how long it will take to be sent? And do I actually have an unconditional yet or is it just a chance? Like I’m guessing they may give me an unconditional based on me placing them as the firm choice but I’m having doubts that they will give me an unconditional now.

I also checked my friends ucas and she only had a conditional with grade requirements and didn't have any mention of an unconditional. So mine was definately different.

I received the exact same offer. I am certain MMU is where i wish to go, however, i am reluctant to accepting it as my firm choice until i know for certain it is unconditional. If i accept it as a firm choice will they still change it to unconditional? Is that what they're insinuating? Similarly, my offer letter provided no further information about offers changing to unconditional.
Reply 5
Original post by bradleygrindell
I received the exact same offer. I am certain MMU is where i wish to go, however, i am reluctant to accepting it as my firm choice until i know for certain it is unconditional. If i accept it as a firm choice will they still change it to unconditional? Is that what they're insinuating? Similarly, my offer letter provided no further information about offers changing to unconditional.

When i rang the admissions line they said they’re sending the unconditional offer letters after the conditional ones, so i think we just have to wait and see :smile:
Original post by Ayesha.bh
When i rang the admissions line they said they’re sending the unconditional offer letters after the conditional ones, so i think we just have to wait and see :smile:

I don't like being left hanging ahah :/
What course did you Apply for ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending