The Student Room Group

Sheffield HK21 Structural Engineering and Architecture applicants

Hi there, is anyone currently on this course or applying for this course? all my other options are just architecture so my personal is solely based on architecture- didnt want the other unis to think im going off on a tangent if i started talking about structural engineering.
what chances do i stand of receiving an offer if my p.s is purely architecture even though i meet all the entry requirements?
Thanks
Hiya, I too applied for this course at Sheffield but I'm yet to be asked to submit a portfolio. I also applied for straight architecture at Bath, Sheffield, Leeds and Reading.I wasn't sure what to include in my personal statement too but I discussed how I thought the role of engineers are architects should be more interchangeable, referencing the work of Thomas Heatherwick.Where else did you apply?
hey guys, i also applied for this course alongside arch eng at Leeds, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Liverpool - submitted portfolio a couple wks back but haven’t heard anything yet. I reckon ps won’t matter much as long as you’ve mentioned eng a little bit :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
I got an offer from leeds, they didn’t want a portfolio? Have you visited leeds? I’m yet to but they’ve invited me to an applicant day. Sent off my straight architecture portfolio for sheffield last weekend so I’m nervous to hear back from them aha. The others i havent sent off portfolios for yettttt. Which is your fav course atm??
Reply 4
I received an offer for hk21 on Monday! After all the worry with my personal statement being off topic! Good luck to you all :smile:
Original post by jacktarch
I received an offer for hk21 on Monday! After all the worry with my personal statement being off topic! Good luck to you all :smile:

Ayyy congrats!!!
Original post by Lucy_doble
I got an offer from leeds, they didn’t want a portfolio? Have you visited leeds? I’m yet to but they’ve invited me to an applicant day. Sent off my straight architecture portfolio for sheffield last weekend so I’m nervous to hear back from them aha. The others i havent sent off portfolios for yettttt. Which is your fav course atm??

Same! Leeds is my fave city but I prefer the Sheffield course, wouldn’t mind ending up at either at all though !! only one which required portfolio for me was Sheffield which is good bc I don’t do art but also makes me doubt my chances of getting an offer haha. what’s your favourite rn?
Reply 7
Original post by Lucy_doble
Thank you and well done! Is it going to be your first choice?

Thanks! Its most likely this course as my first choice or straight architecture at sheffield (if the open days change my mind) with nottingham as my insurance
Reply 8
Original post by Threecrayons1
Ayyy congrats!!!

Thank you!
Original post by Threecrayons1
Same! Leeds is my fave city but I prefer the Sheffield course, wouldn’t mind ending up at either at all though !! only one which required portfolio for me was Sheffield which is good bc I don’t do art but also makes me doubt my chances of getting an offer haha. what’s your favourite rn?

My favs atm are probably bath and the HK21 Sheffield, if I get offers that is aha. How come you didn't take art??
Original post by jacktarch
Thanks! Its most likely this course as my first choice or straight architecture at sheffield (if the open days change my mind) with nottingham as my insurance

Those are good choices; my friend just received an unconditional for architecture at Nottingham which is insane aha
Hi, I applied for this course and submitted my portfolio in mid-December. Does anyone have an idea of when I should be hearing back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending