The Student Room Group

Rankings! (1)

So I have been asked quite a number of times about Rankings and Cranfield University. As Cranfield is a Postgraduate-only University :smile:, most people are disappointed when they check rankings that a pulled off from sites where rankings are designed based on undergraduate degrees.:redface:

So, just to start at Cranfield University, the focus is on Masters and PhD degrees. Postgraduate degrees like I said.

I thought I should put together rankings that relates to Manufacturing. I will update this with more information.

1. Cranfield is one of the UK’s top five commercial research-intensive universities, alongside Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial College London and University College London. The Research Excellence Framework 2014 (REF) has assessed that 81% of the research at Cranfield is ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’.:smile:

2. Highlights for Cranfield: Top 10 in the UK for research quality in aeronautical, chemical and manufacturing engineering No.1 in the UK for research income from the UK and EU industry, commerce and public corporations in all three units of assessment Awarded over 700 doctoral degrees in the period 2008-2013.

3. According to QS World University Rankings 2018, Cranfield is 5th for mechanical, aeronautical and manufacturing engineering education in the UK, eleventh in Europe.:smile:

4. Cranfield creates leaders in technology and management and the latest rankings from the Center for World University rankings back that up, highlighting that Cranfield is in the top 1% of institutions across the world whose alumni go on to run companies :smile:.

# 5 UK
# 11 Europe
# 45 Globally

QS Ranking 2018.png

Hope this helps!
Thanks!

Cranfield TSR Rep.
(edited 5 years ago)
Its MBA has an excellent reputation within the management community.
Original post by Duncan2012
Its MBA has an excellent reputation within the management community.

Yeah, thanks. True!:smile:
I was going to put that here too... I'm still collating the recent rankings. I get asked this quite a lot of time, understandably as @Cranfield University doesn't have the undergraduate-based rankings, so hopefully this thread should help. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending