The Student Room Group

I don’t know if I like him

So basically I have been talking to this guys for a while now. We have never met IRL (actually met on here) but the thing is I don’t find him physically attractive. Like yeah he is a really nice guy but I just can’t see myself in a relationship with him.

I don’t want to sound stuck up. I have never had a bf (am nearly 18) so maybe I should just go along with his flirting? I’d make joke comments and he’d like laugh and make stuff back but I purely mean it as a joke like I don’t mean to flirt with him and I hope he doesn’t interpret it as that.i don’t want to lead him on into thinking I want a relationship with him although he is a really nice guy.

But then bc I have never had a bf maybe I should just go along with it? Cos who am I to judge? Idk I could kinda use some guidance
Reply 1
Don't lead him on if you don't find him attractive, your just toying with his emotions.
Probably shouldnt lead him on if you arent physically attracted. Sure its not all that matters but it does play its part.
Honestly, you don't sound in love with him, if you are in love with someone you just feel it, you don't have second thoughts or have to ask people. In fact, when I liked someone I didn't care at all about what others might think of that person.

My advice is to stop engaging with him and go find a boyfriend you really like, 18 is nothing, and it's depressing and sad in my opinion to stay with someone just because he was the only one you found. Life is one, and too short to be wasted with someone you don't love.

This doesn't seem likely in your scenario since he sounds interested in you, but generally it's not like if you get along well with a "male" you necessarily have to start a relationship with him. You could just be friends.
There's literally nothing complicated here. Just because you never had a bf doesn't mean you should flirt with someone you don't find attractive. It's quite simple. If he's really nice, great, you want him as a friend and nothing more. Don't lead him on and you will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending