The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Music auditions

Has anyone had any music auditions at Salford? What were they like, what sort of stuff did they ask
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by sausageroll
Has anyone had any music auditions at Salford? What were they like, what sort of stuff did they ask

Hi Sausageroll,

Great to hear you’ve been called for an audition at Salford. While I study Journalism and not Music, before my interview I had a look on the website to see whether there was any advice on the subject. I’ve had a look for you, and found a page that outlines what to expect, and how to adequately prepare. I followed the advice covering Journalism, and was subsequently offered a place which I firmly accepted.

Take a look at it here: http://www.salford.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/applying-1/arts-media-interviews/accordion/music-all-courses.

Best of luck!

Rhys :smile:
Student Social Media Assistant
Hi,

I had my audition yesterday. Im a grade 8 brass player with Grade 5 theory. I arrived at 10Am and did two hours ensemble playing :frown: so unfortunately my lip was bit meh. Then those who didnt have grade 5 theory went and did a theory test while i had my audition. I messed up really badly in the audition. They asked scales and sightreading and ten play two comparitive pieces and then he picked it apart and pretty much gave me a tutorial and asked me if i knew id made a mistake; i knew what i did wrong therefore wasnt such a big deal. He also asked what my job future is and why salford.

Hope this help,

N.s

pS I got a place even after playing awfully so dont stress.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending